I dont, why you wonder ill tell you why, My dad wont let me have it for some bull**** reason
    06-09-2013 06:43 PM
    hey does it work in 6.1.1 Iphone?>
    06-11-2013 12:14 AM
    Thank you man for your help

I will tray that and I will give you the result.

You are great
    06-17-2013 02:57 AM
    can i do this for running internet on my ipod touch 4th gen .... plz reply soon
    01-06-2014 08:02 AM
    can i do this for running internet on my ipod touch 4th gen .... plz reply soon
    The whole point of this asinine idea is to use the phone's data connection to avoid using wifi.
    Your iPod would need to use wifi. Why not just use that same wifi for the computer?
    01-06-2014 06:03 PM
    i do not have a wifi bro thats y i m saying that i only have a LAN connection and i want to use my pc's LAN connected internet to my ipod touch via usb cable .
    01-09-2014 06:51 AM
    i do not have a wifi bro thats y i m saying that i only have a LAN connection and i want to use my pc's LAN connected internet to my ipod touch via usb cable .
    You cannot share a PC LAN connection with your iPod touch via a USB cable.
    Does you PC support wifi? If so, you can turn on Internet sharing and set u a local wifi network from the PC and have the iPod touch connect to that wifi network.
    01-09-2014 08:02 AM
    ok thanks .
    01-10-2014 12:01 AM
    Holy ish, thank you! Those who replied negatively, you guys are jerks. A burnt out Wi-Fi chip is a very common problem for last-gen iPhones. Many of those with potentially flawed phones reported intemittent or a permanently greyed out Wi-Fi switch in settings. Popular solutions have included heating the chip with a hair-dryer and putting the phone in the freezer, which have worked for some, but only temporarily fixed mine.

This was a huge problem for me. I can get by using small amounts of data for email/social/news and updating apps with iTunes, but certain things are impossible without a decent internet connection. Before this, Cydia was completely unreliable and now I can use it. And no, there ARE NOT any other downloadable or built-in (Mac or PC) that could serve as a solution. Bluetooth PAN and Mac Internet Sharing options are all either defunct in iOS 7 or only work on iPad (for some reason). This guy just made my iPhone livable again! Although, if you figured this out yourself, you could easily use these skills in a field that pays enough to be able to afford all of the latest Apple gear, instead of trying to help ungrateful haters. Props!
    wiqionline likes this.
    01-10-2014 01:39 PM
    Single greatest thread in the history of the internet.
    01-11-2014 02:25 AM
    I need this for the following reasons:

wifi connection can be notoriously poor quality for bandwidth heavy and QOS dependent apps like facetime and skype, especially in an office environment
    I have a data plan, but the data connection quality has been very poor at almost every office building I have ever worked in.
    Other office environments I have worked in do not offer wifi for security reasons, and on top of that, I get a poor data connection in the building
    Office routers can be configured with various security features that could block things like Airplay, which I use to eliminate the need for switching headsets

Other comments:

The programs required for running this are easy to run without security privileges since they affect only the usb connection
    While the initial setup of this is a bit tricky, it can be set up to run automatically, so it can be very easy to use (set and forget)
    I put my phone on a USB dock when I get into the office, so if this can improve that experience, I would ask, why not?
    04-11-2014 10:46 AM
    I need this for the following reasons:

wifi connection can be notoriously poor quality for bandwidth heavy and QOS dependent apps like facetime and skype, especially in an office environment
    If either Facetime or Skype are a "need" at work, you're able to install both on Mac comps or Skype on others. In fact, Skype is installed on every comp I have at work. There isn't any "need" to have either of these at work. It's a lot like saying you need this to use Facebook at work.

I have a data plan, but the data connection quality has been very poor at almost every office building I have ever worked in.
    Who's your provider? I've never had an issue in any office building. That doesn't mean it can't happen. But, it makes me doubt how far you're suggesting this reaches. Office buildings are generally near densely populated areas. This is a common place for cell towers. Office buildings generally have the offices closer to the exterior of the building where you're less likely to run into the problem you're suggesting. I'd point out, again, you're suggesting you need to play with your apps while you're at work. I think we have a different definition of "need."

Other office environments I have worked in do not offer wifi for security reasons, and on top of that, I get a poor data connection in the building
    All of your "needs" seem to be work related. Yet, work doesn't agree.

Office routers can be configured with various security features that could block things like Airplay, which I use to eliminate the need for switching headsets
    You call this a need. Yet, you can get the same functionality with a service like Spotify. That means you're able to listen to your music just fine without swapping headsets. When there's an easy alternative, it's hardly a "need" to use the precise method. Beyond that, if your company specifically disables things like this on their network, odds are you're risking your job to do this. Are you sure this is a "need"?

Other comments:

The programs required for running this are easy to run without security privileges since they affect only the usb connection
    I'm not sure why you bring this up. The ability to create a program has nothing to do with whether or not it should be created. As an example, viruses can clearly be written. Does that mean they should be? If they're easier to write, does that mean we should make more of them?

While the initial setup of this is a bit tricky, it can be set up to run automatically, so it can be very easy to use (set and forget)
    Again, I'm not sure what the point of this is. If it's something useful, do we really care about the initial setup or the automatic running? We are going to use it regardless. If it's not useful, it doesn't matter how easy it is, it won't be used.

I put my phone on a USB dock when I get into the office, so if this can improve that experience, I would ask, why not?
    You're treating lateral changes as improvements. To your question: the improvements come at a risk to your job while offering alternatives to solutions that already exist. They don't provide additional functionality. With that, why?
    04-14-2014 09:19 PM
    I've said it about 5 times before

Best internet thread EVER
    04-16-2014 03:43 AM
    I can't believe how many people are putting negative comments about something they think won't benefit their lives.

This is something I really need because there is no WIFI in my office and reception in my office is really bad that I'm constantly switching between edge and no service.

The only problem is I do not want to jailbreak, but thanks for looking into it!
    05-12-2014 10:01 AM
    I've said it about 5 times before…

Best internet thread EVER
    You have become real fun. Really
    Last edited by wiqionline; 02-02-2015 at 05:08 PM.
    3cit likes this.
    02-02-2015 04:49 PM
    Cool story, bro.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they totally borked the app.
    02-02-2015 05:39 PM
    You have become real fun. Really
    This thread is my precious.
    wiqionline likes this.
    02-04-2015 04:25 PM
    i appreciate your work but I need video tutorial of procedure PC's internet over IPhone via USB Cable plz..plz..plz I w'll be thankful to you bro..
    02-12-2015 03:24 PM
    Seems that everything works for me, but, what I got to do if my PC already connected to another local proxy. btw I used CCproxy.
    03-18-2015 07:39 AM
    I also have 4mb connection but no wifi device...so it worked for me...
    In Pakistan
    03-21-2015 05:02 PM
    It's 2015 bro
    Sorry for kidding.

I'll try to post video tutorial once i get time to manage.
    03-28-2015 03:15 AM
    It's 2015 bro
    Sorry for kidding.

I'll try to post video tutorial once i get time to manage.
    Haven't you had two years to make a video tutorial for this?
    03-29-2015 12:45 AM
    03-29-2015 01:39 AM
    This doesn't seem plausible. 3cit is right, purchase a wireless router and go from there.
    03-29-2015 01:41 AM
    This doesn't seem plausible. 3cit is right, purchase a wireless router and go from there.
    This apparently works. Multiple people have reported success!
    Also this is a godsend for the millions and millions of electrosensitives out there!
    03-30-2015 05:38 PM
165 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD