Lost my keyboard with Bytafont???

fenderguy

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Was browsing fonts with Bytafont and deleting old ones that I didnt use anymore. And this happened, good thing I know where most of the letters are and autocorrect helps. Anyway, I would hate to have to restore to 5.1. Since then I've uninstalled and reinstalled Bytafont with no clue how to repairt this. Thanks for any help...

fenderguy

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Still no solution yet. I've tried restoring with 5.0.1 which i'm currently running, and couldnt even do that...So still jailbroken, just with no keyboard. Any ideas yet?

joshzdad2012

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
try installing colorkeyboard and use it. I have replaced my keyboard with color keyboard and i love it. im thinking it will replace the missing letters. im just guessing though. i wouldnt want to lose my jailbreak either so..... your call.
Hope it helps.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I have never messed with fonts. Maybe if you were to download another one you could live with. Install it and it would work? :confused:

fenderguy

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
ive tried installing other fonts, they just wont show up on the keyboard...but i'll try this colorkeyboard and hope that does the trick. thanks, i'll keep ya posted

fenderguy

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, no luck after a few hours, and only a couple of similar cases on Google, with no solutions. And I can't restore to 5.0.1, even though I believe I have my shsh blobs. Looks I'm going pure, and unfortunately will have to update to 5.1...

fenderguy

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: Well after messing around with Tiny Umbrella, Redsnow, SHSH blobs, i was finally able to make a custom ISPW file and restore to 5.0.1 again...So things are on the up and up, and don't think I'll mess with Bytafont again, or maybe I will...Thanks for any help you gave, its been a long day. Adios

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: Well after messing around with Tiny Umbrella, Redsnow, SHSH blobs, i was finally able to make a custom ISPW file and restore to 5.0.1 again...So things are on the up and up, and don't think I'll mess with Bytafont again, or maybe I will...Thanks for any help you gave, its been a long day. Adios

Oh you have an iPhone 4. I assumed it was a 4s since you said you would need to restore to 5.1 and not 5.0.1. All's well that ends well.

Shine9585

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, possibly a bit late to help you, if anyone else has the same problem this might elp. There doesn't seem to be much about this on google.

I had the a similar problem and this fix worked for me.

My problem, after using bytafont, I lost font in my phone dialler, which just crashed when any number was pressed, and i lost font in my keypad, leaving question marks on keys, but it still worked.

The fix is on the bytafont website, in the FAQ page, My BytaFont is lazy! | BytaFont.

I followed the instructions, but what i did notice that the fonts called PhoneKeyCaps.ttf and PhonepadTwo.ttf were missing from the directory. So to minimize risk, if you notice any fonts are missing, just drop them in and see if that solves the problem.

Good luck.

Edit: this was for iphone 4 running 5.0.1 with bytafont 1.4.1

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal