New iPad jailbreak theory

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
Well, the new ipad is upon us, and as nice, warm and fuzzy the glorious new retina screen and beefier innards are, us pirates wont cry with pure joy till our new shiny ipads are jailbroken, tethered or otherwise.

This got me to a' thinkin', I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say a new jailbreak will come sooner rather then later. Twitter has been a buzz with i0n1c, musclenerd, chpwn and hte like touting and showing off their tethered and untethered new ipads and while the dev team and such having jailbreaks before everyone else, the timing and (seemingly) ease at which they obtained it, shows me that since the new ipad shares the same A5 chip (just with beefier graphics) that it should fall in line, jailbreak wise, with the iphone 4s and ipad 2.

I know it's all speculation and assumptions on my part but this all kinda makes sense right? I mean, jailbreaks as of late are all done with vulnerabilities with the System on a Chip, and since the ipad 2, iphone 4s and the new ipad share these (assuming here that the graphics part is separate from the SoC and not part of the vulnerability part of the core jailbreak) that since apple did not close the vulnerably from months ago, and it still resides in 5.1, then all in all, it shouldnt be long till we see a jailbreak hit the public.

The again, this all could just be me wanting what I can't have ........... yet again!

Thoughts?

Last edited:

crackercraig#IM

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I hope your theory is correct. I've had my 4s since late October and I'm just now starting to get the jailbreak itch. Unfortunately I did the 5.1 update last week so now I'm stuck waiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk on iOS 5.0

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
They still have a long way to go. If the process is still the same they have gotten the jailbreak to work using Apple's code. Now they need to completely rewrite everthing in their own code which is the tricky part.