Please help..

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Happy to help. My guess is that if you run into anything tricky it will be during the restore process (maybe with pwned DFU or something like that)...if you get any errors or anything don't panic; it can probably be sorted out. Good luck!

cheleb

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Happy to help. My guess is that if you run into anything tricky it will be during the restore process (maybe with pwned DFU or something like that)...if you get any errors or anything don't panic; it can probably be sorted out. Good luck!
Well in trying to do it with redsnow, did not work. Got an error 13.. something error stating the iphone could not be restored. SO, I am now trying to go with your original article link using snowbreeze. Hope it will work... Thank you for your comforting words of not panicing! I don't know why doing this scares me so much even though I am extremely OCD and follow and read the directions over several times with each step... I will be in touch..

cheleb

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Well in trying to do it with redsnow, did not work. Got an error 13.. something error stating the iphone could not be restored. SO, I am now trying to go with your original article link using snowbreeze. Hope it will work... Thank you for your comforting words of not panicing! I don't know why doing this scares me so much even though I am extremely OCD and follow and read the directions over several times with each step... I will be in touch..
Nope got the same error... it is actually error 3194. I am at a loss right now how to figure this out as to why it is giving this error...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry you're running into issues. Another idea: have you tried using iFaith? I know another forum member here just used it to downgrade from 5.1 to 5.0.1, so it has definitely worked for him.

I think that error code is related to Apple not signing the firmware you're using. It's too bad we weren't doing this a week ago...I'll dig for some more info.

cheleb

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry you're running into issues. Another idea: have you tried using iFaith? I know another forum member here just used it to downgrade from 5.1 to 5.0.1, so it has definitely worked for him.

I think that error code is related to Apple not signing the firmware you're using. It's too bad we weren't doing this a week ago...I'll dig for some more info.
I don't know what else to do. I downloaded the ifaith but can't figure out how it works so not sure how to get it to find or locate my shsh blobs. I tried to have it find it or something and it shows none, so now I am really confused. I REALLY do appreciate all you are doing to try to help me. Hope you can find some better information than I have. I do wish I was able to do this last week...Ugh :( Sorry to be such a pain..

cheleb

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Also...were you in pwned DFU when trying to use redsn0w?
yes, the times it asked me to be in dfu mode, I followed the steps to do so (black screen)... In Itunes it did state that a device was detected in recovery mode...is that what it should say? I just don't know.. will have to try to mess with it more tomorrow...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
No sweat. Let's leave iFaith aside for a second (it'll be easier if we don't need to introduce another whole process) and have a look at these instructions so we can be sure you're doing all the blob stitching/pwned dfu correctly:

From jailbreakqa:
Open the latest version of redsn0w (available from the Dev Team Blog).
If you need to preserve your device's unlockable baseband, first create a NO_BB custom IPSW using redsn0w and then follow the rest of these steps. If you don't need to preserve your device's baseband, ignore this step.
Click "Extras".
Click "SHSH blobs" and then click "Stitch".
Locate the IPSW for the version of iOS you want to downgrade or upgrade to. If you need to preserve your device's unlockable baseband, select the NO_BB custom IPSW you made earlier. If you don't need to preserve your device's baseband, you can use a stock IPSW from Apple; this may be already on your computer.
Select the saved SHSH blob. You can save SHSH blobs to your computer using TinyUmbrella (download it, open it, and select the device you wish to save blobs for, and then usually TinyUmbrella will save them to your desktop).
redsn0w will now begin creating your signed IPSW. It will be saved in the same location the stock IPSW was located.
If you use Windows, an alternative to redsn0w is to use sn0wbreeze 2.9.3 in iFaith mode to create a custom IPSW with stitched blobs (which can also be useful for people who need to preserve an unlockable baseband since sn0wbreeze custom IPSWs always avoid baseband updates). sn0wbreeze is available to download here, along with the stand-alone tool iFaith that can stitch blobs: iH8sn0w.com

Enter Pwned DFU mode with redsn0w or iREB. (In redsn0w, go back to the Extras menu and click "Pwned DFU".)

Open iTunes and hold down the "Shift" key (on Windows) or "Option" key (on Mac) and click on Restore.

Navigate to your iOS 5.0.1 signed custom IPSW and select it.

The rest will be a normal restore process. You should now have successfully restored your device to iOS 5.0.1.

If you get any iTunes errors while restoring, check this list of error solutions for some ideas on what might have gone wrong.

Or click here for the same excerpt:
Frequently Asked Questions - JailbreakQA

And some tips on common error codes and their solutions, including 3194:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
yes, the times it asked me to be in dfu mode, I followed the steps to do so (black screen)... In Itunes it did state that a device was detected in recovery mode...is that what it should say? I just don't know.. will have to try to mess with it more tomorrow...

Ok, I will check back tomorrow and see where you're at.

cheleb

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
No sweat. Let's leave iFaith aside for a second (it'll be easier if we don't need to introduce another whole process) and have a look at these instructions so we can be sure you're doing all the blob stitching/pwned dfu correctly:

From jailbreakqa:
Open the latest version of redsn0w (available from the Dev Team Blog).
If you need to preserve your device's unlockable baseband, first create a NO_BB custom IPSW using redsn0w and then follow the rest of these steps. If you don't need to preserve your device's baseband, ignore this step.
Click "Extras".
Click "SHSH blobs" and then click "Stitch".
Locate the IPSW for the version of iOS you want to downgrade or upgrade to. If you need to preserve your device's unlockable baseband, select the NO_BB custom IPSW you made earlier. If you don't need to preserve your device's baseband, you can use a stock IPSW from Apple; this may be already on your computer.
Select the saved SHSH blob. You can save SHSH blobs to your computer using TinyUmbrella (download it, open it, and select the device you wish to save blobs for, and then usually TinyUmbrella will save them to your desktop).
redsn0w will now begin creating your signed IPSW. It will be saved in the same location the stock IPSW was located.
If you use Windows, an alternative to redsn0w is to use sn0wbreeze 2.9.3 in iFaith mode to create a custom IPSW with stitched blobs (which can also be useful for people who need to preserve an unlockable baseband since sn0wbreeze custom IPSWs always avoid baseband updates). sn0wbreeze is available to download here, along with the stand-alone tool iFaith that can stitch blobs: iH8sn0w.com

Enter Pwned DFU mode with redsn0w or iREB. (In redsn0w, go back to the Extras menu and click "Pwned DFU".)

Open iTunes and hold down the "Shift" key (on Windows) or "Option" key (on Mac) and click on Restore.

Navigate to your iOS 5.0.1 signed custom IPSW and select it.

The rest will be a normal restore process. You should now have successfully restored your device to iOS 5.0.1.

If you get any iTunes errors while restoring, check this list of error solutions for some ideas on what might have gone wrong.

Or click here for the same excerpt:

And some tips on common error codes and their solutions, including 3194:
I got notification of this post (thank you once more for going the extra mile to help me, I really can't thank you enough). I am attempting to follow this guide but do have a couple of questions:
I created my custom IPSW with the NO_BB. Then I am at the part for "select saved SHSH blob" (but it doesn't say that in redsnow it just says "Blobs" and Local (for selecting the blobs). I have the blobs in a file on my computer, but it doesn't specify in the instructions which blob I am to choose. So, I chose the blob for 5.0.1. I followed the rest of the guide and all seemed to be going well. It even got to the apple logo with the status bar as if it were loading, then bam I got a different "unknown error (9)". And now my iphone is stuck in recovery mode with the Itunes music note and the picture of the plug.... Is it dead now?? :( Ugh..

cheleb

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I got notification of this post (thank you once more for going the extra mile to help me, I really can't thank you enough). I am attempting to follow this guide but do have a couple of questions:
I created my custom IPSW with the NO_BB. Then I am at the part for "select saved SHSH blob" (but it doesn't say that in redsnow it just says "Blobs" and Local (for selecting the blobs). I have the blobs in a file on my computer, but it doesn't specify in the instructions which blob I am to choose. So, I chose the blob for 5.0.1. I followed the rest of the guide and all seemed to be going well. It even got to the apple logo with the status bar as if it were loading, then bam I got a different "unknown error (9)". And now my iphone is stuck in recovery mode with the Itunes music note and the picture of the plug.... Is it dead now?? :( Ugh..
Oh man I don't know what is going on! I decided to give it one more try before calling it a night. I restarted my computer and went through the whole process again. Created the custom file with no BB, add the shsh blob as a stitch and it created the next custom file. went into dfu mode and into itunes, held shift and restore selected the custom file and it went all the way through the whole process. The phone is restored to something but not good... it is asking for activation so I can't do anything else... I have NO IDEA why it would turn up this way. I followed everything to a T! Now I really could use your help in what I can do next. Do I re-do another round, or is there a step of jailbreaking I did not do or? I am so sorry to have to rely on you so much through this, but I am at a complete loss and hoping to get my phone working again somehow... *sigh*... Thank you..

cheleb

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh man I don't know what is going on! I decided to give it one more try before calling it a night. I restarted my computer and went through the whole process again. Created the custom file with no BB, add the shsh blob as a stitch and it created the next custom file. went into dfu mode and into itunes, held shift and restore selected the custom file and it went all the way through the whole process. The phone is restored to something but not good... it is asking for activation so I can't do anything else... I have NO IDEA why it would turn up this way. I followed everything to a T! Now I really could use your help in what I can do next. Do I re-do another round, or is there a step of jailbreaking I did not do or? I am so sorry to have to rely on you so much through this, but I am at a complete loss and hoping to get my phone working again somehow... *sigh*... Thank you..
Also, I went into Tinyumbrella to see what it shows the iphone is in right now and it says it is at the 5.0.1 update and the baseband is still 06.15.00. So why is it now jailbroken?? So strange I am so clueless.. Off to bed for now, hope you may have some ideas that may do the trick, I am lost...

cheleb

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Also, I went into Tinyumbrella to see what it shows the iphone is in right now and it says it is at the 5.0.1 update and the baseband is still 06.15.00. So why is it now jailbroken?? So strange I am so clueless.. Off to bed for now, hope you may have some ideas that may do the trick, I am lost...
I mean't to say "not" jailbroken... sorry tired and need to shut this off in my mind.. ugh lol :confused:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

Did you use redsn0w's fix for recovery issues? See: http://www.idownloadblog.com/redsn0w/#recovery

cheleb

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you use redsn0w's fix for recovery issues? See: RedSn0w Jailbreak Guide
UGH.. well after trying researching I finally realized that I hadn't done anything to actually Jailbreak the phone. So in redsn0w is where I went and installed cydia only and walla... it was finally open! YAY! So I just ran the backup to the phone and all seems to be up and running again. :) Oh thank goodness! You have been an extreme help to me and I know I have said thank you several times already, but I truly and very thankful for you help! It's nice to have it updated and it is actually running better than my previous ios. THANK YOU!!!

cheleb

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Great! Nice job in seeing it through and not just freaking out and giving up. Enjoy!

Thank you! I do have a bit of an issue though, I can't seem to send an MMS at all now. I've tried and tried and tried, and just can't get it figured out. Any thoughts by chance?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh