I am looking for ways I might be able to save my jailbreak if something goes south on me (IP4S). Saw an article on BigBoss that said: "If you install something in Cydia that causes your device to not boot, you have to restore..." They suggest installing SSH and if the iPhone is unbootable you can fix it via SSH?

Has anyone had any experience with doing this before? I am wondering if iExplorer would allow me to do the same somehow since I can access the file system with it?

Now that I have tasted freedom the last thing I want to do is live with a stock iPhone again but I am reluctant to use SSH.
    03-11-2012 07:52 PM
    In order to use iExplorer you have to have OpenSSH install via cydia. Basically what that BigBoss statement is saying is that if you do install something that causes your phone not to boot, you can SSH into the phone and remove the file. If you are not familiar with SSHing, I would study up, and be very careful what you do while SSHing into your phone, as you could mess things up pretty bad and would be forced to do a restore.
    03-12-2012 12:27 PM
    That surprises me because I can explore the file system, delete and place files, etc using iExplore when my iPhone is connected by USB without SSH installed.

I wonder if it would work to copy everything from the phone to my hard drive then put it all back if there's a problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-12-2012 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD