iTunes 10.6: Jailbreak Breaker??

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
This may be premature, but I'm in the middle of updating my iTunes and I've been reading some scary reports of people having their iPhones automatically updated to 5.1 when they plug into iTunes 10.6. No clicking Update or anything like that?just an automatic updating.

I'm going to see what I can dig up but wanted to put this out there in case it saved even one person from an accidental update. Careful out there!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
as you know you can turn OFF automatic updates (hopefully that stops it?)

also, worse case scenario downgrading should be simple, for now. let us know how it goes!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
This may be premature, but I'm in the middle of updating my iTunes and I've been reading some scary reports of people having their iPhones automatically updated to 5.1 when they plug into iTunes 10.6. No clicking Update or anything like that—just an automatic updating.

I'm going to see what I can dig up but wanted to put this out there in case it saved even one person from an accidental update. Careful out there!

If I plugged my phone in and saw iTunes start downloading and update, I'd unplug my phone and throw the laptop on the tub!!!! Take that iTunes!!!!!
I can't imagine this is true!!! Software working without user consent is known as a virus!!!!