Save your BLOBS. peeps!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
iOS 5.1 will be dropped today so that means Apple will stop signing 5.0.1 soon

once Apple stops signing 5.0.1 and you do not have your blobs saved and or custom firmware you're screwed if you ever have to restore and will be FORCED to update to 5.1. which currently cannot be jailbroken, even tethered

not sure what this means for 4S users..

Reactions: 3under2

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm kinda new to this, but I believe you download Tiny Umbrella, then save your blobs to your PC. Unless there is an easier way...this is one part of the process I am totally dumb to. I guess the simplified version is, if you need to restore after Apple stops signing 5.0.1, then you simply go to your saved blobs and restore from there, then you can re-jailbreak and add your Cydia apps from there. My question is, do the old apps you have from the app store work? Or are those locked out because you're not on the latest software? Yeesh. Hope they get a JB out for 5.1 QUICK, because I'll be screwed if my phone takes a dump...lol...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You can always use your old apps, just sync them back from iTunes after you restore. The only time this wouldn't be true is if you did not save a copy in iTunes AND the app was updated to require 5.1. In that case, you couldn't use the version stored in your Purchased history because it would automatically give you the latest version (I believe), which you could no longer load, being on 5.0.1.

Short version: sync your apps once in a while, and you'll be fine.

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
iOS 5.1 will be dropped today so that means Apple will stop signing 5.0.1 soon

once Apple stops signing 5.0.1 and you do not have your blobs saved and or custom firmware you're screwed if you ever have to restore and will be FORCED to update to 5.1. which currently cannot be jailbroken, even tethered

not sure what this means for 4S users..

Thanks for the reminder! Done and done. Once I get 16 posts, I can reply to your message :) ...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2