spring board keep's crashing.

morgans13

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
i've noticed a lot lately the i keep getting these error messages that springboard has crashed and it has gone into safe mode. i alway's hit restart and it goes back to being in "jailbreak mode". how ever this has been happening 3 or 4 times a week. has this been happening to anyone else lately? and if so is there a solution to remedy it without me having to keep restarting it over and over.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It's happening because of an app or tweak you installed that isn't fully compatible. If you can give a list of what you have installed we might be able to narrow down the issue.

chrisw329

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me alot when i recive text messages the alert shows up plus the same alert from a few messages back and then crashes. I think it has something to do with bitesms but im not sure.

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
This happens to me alot when i recive text messages the alert shows up plus the same alert from a few messages back and then crashes. I think it has something to do with bitesms but im not sure.

Do you by chance have iCaughtU Pro installed? I was having tons of springboard crashes when I received a SMS when my phone was locked. I don't remember why, (think I read it somewhere) but I uninstalled iCaughtU Pro (was really hard to get rid of) and then respring and no more springboard crashes ...

HTH

Scarlet

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
i installed barryl, color keyboard, intelliscreenx, and springtomize.

I have all those and have no Safe Mode issues. I assume these are all paid-for, legit versions of these apps? And like someone else asked, you have the correct version of Springtomize?

If that's all you have--no other tweaks at all, no Winterboard, no themes, no anything--then there isn't much that could go wrong. Make sure you have Folder Enhancer Fix turned Off in your Barrel settings, and also check that you aren't trying to use Springtomize to tweak something that one of the other apps is already tweaking. Trying to have two apps change the same things can lead to trouble.

Good luck!

JBaby

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Jailbroken iPhone 4S i.O.S 5.0.1 keeps crashing help ?!?

my iphone 4s i.O.S 5.0.1 (9A406) is JailBroken & it keeps crashing ALOT , like it will jus exit out of any app randomly & i have to respring it for it to stop but then after awhile it starts again & i cant figure out wat tweak or wateva from cydia is causing this ?? it also keeps goin to "safe mode" & i restart it & its back to "jailbroken mode" but its does this quite alot of times . . . .

Heres everything i have installed from cydia :

Activator
BadgeRemover
Barrel
ColorBanner
ColorKeyboard
IconRenamer
Slider Pro Settings
SMS+
Springtomize 2
Winterboard
iFile
iProtect
3G Unrestrictor
SB Settings
BytaFont

i also have a theme on it .

IF ANYBODY KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS PLEASE LET ME KNO ASAP !!! THANKS

Last edited:

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I was experiencing numerous springboard crashes while I was jailbroken on 5.0.1. This and wanting the ability to delete photos from photo stream are the reason I upgraded to 5.1.1 and jailbroke again. So far (knock on wood) I haven't had any springboard crashes where in the past I would have a couple by now. I also have all the same JB tweaks and apps installed.

You may want to upgrade before its too late. Plus the battery life improvement is also worth the upgrade.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
my iphone 4s i.O.S 5.0.1 (9A406) is JailBroken & it keeps crashing ALOT , like it will jus exit out of any app randomly & i have to respring it for it to stop but then after awhile it starts again & i cant figure out wat tweak or wateva from cydia is causing this ?? it also keeps goin to "safe mode" & i restart it & its back to "jailbroken mode" but its does this quite alot of times . . . .

Heres everything i have installed from cydia :

Activator
BadgeRemover
Barrel
ColorBanner
ColorKeyboard
IconRenamer
Slider Pro Settings
SMS+
Springtomize 2
Winterboard
iFile
iProtect
3G Unrestrictor
SB Settings
BytaFont

i also have a theme on it .

IF ANYBODY KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS PLEASE LET ME KNO ASAP !!! THANKS

go into cydia, under manage>pakages. find each of them and open them one at a time. there will be a red box in there that will tell you if you are compatible or not. if it is not compatible delete it and you should be fine

Reactions: JBaby

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
You can disable all your mobile substrate tweaks in SBSettings then add them back one at a time and assess stability at each point.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JohnH59

JBaby

May 29, 2012
Visit site
i thought you couldnt JailBreak tha new software update iOS 5.1.1 ?? wat did you use to jailbreak it ? & so i jus update my iphone to iOS 5.1.1 & it will be un jailbroken & i jus re- jailbreak it ?

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
i thought you couldnt JailBreak tha new software update iOS 5.1.1 ?? wat did you use to jailbreak it ? & so i jus update my iphone to iOS 5.1.1 & it will be un jailbroken & i jus re- jailbreak it ?

Before posting a question like this in an unrelated topic. try reading other posts. a tethered jb has been out since the day 5.1.1 was released. untethered has been out since friday. you need to do some research

JBaby

May 29, 2012
Visit site
uhm well excuse me idk how to work this site i jus signed up lasnite damn & actually someone posted that i needed to do that so i was replieng to them thankyou so its not an " unrelated topic " .

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with colorkeyboard in 5.0.1, and was forced into upgrading to 5.1 before there was a downgrade path or jailbreak available. Since again being able to jailbreak, I've decided to live with the OEM keyboard.

Colorkeyboard, IMO, isn't worth the hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk; typos courtesy of auto correct.

Arthur_Daily

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 4 crashes to Safe Mode on nealy every incomming SMS.

I've been jail breaking and tweaking iPhones from the days of the iPhone 3G
Updated my iPhone 4 on every iOS soon as the jailbreak comes out.
So sat on 5.1.0 without a problem until the 5.1.1 absynth 2.0 came out then updated
Jailbroke and installed my old tweaks back. (see below)

Now, on almost every incomming SMS the phone crashes to safemode.

Here's the low down..

iPhone 4
iOS 5.1.1
AdBlocker
Applocker
CallBar
CallTell
CameraWallpaper
Forecast
iCaughtU Pro
Infinifolders
OneByOne Contacts
Sbsettings
Springtomize 2
3G Unrestrictor
Unfolder

Incidentally, I Jailbroke a friends 4s on 5.1.1 installed 99% of the same tweaks and his is
Crashing to safemode also.

EDIT: uninstalled Unfolder and it just crashed again when exactly when I got an incomming SMS
So that's one tweak off the list.

Last edited:

Arthur_Daily

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm reading a few reports of iCaughtU Pro causing this 'crash on incomming SMS' thing.
Some saying its causing the Native SMS client problems and some saying its crashing Bite SMS.

In all cases the removal of iCaughtU Pro stops the crashing, and I must say after uninstalling it myself an hour ago AND 3 SMS received with no crash,
In beginning to believe I've found the conflict.

Now it's worth also saying that I updated iCaughtU Pro to the latest ver, and didn't have any problems when I was on iOS 5.1.0
These springbord crash to safemode problems only started after I updated the iOS to 5.1.1 and Jailbroke 4 mins later.

I'll report back if I find anything new.

Hopfully my info may help others, not just members of this forum but people who find their way here
Via a google search of the problem as I did. Fingers crossed:D

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
uhm well excuse me idk how to work this site i jus signed up lasnite damn & actually someone posted that i needed to do that so i was replieng to them thankyou so its not an " unrelated topic " .

Holy butchering of the english language, Batman!! :eek:

frusty23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It's probably from the SBsettings I had this problem and I had SBsettings installed it was automatically respring by itself that's why your springboard crashed

Hope this helps

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods