I always want to watch nba videos on the youtube app, and they don't allow playback on the iPhone...

is there anyway to bypass that?
    03-04-2012 03:13 AM
    I always want to watch nba videos on the youtube app, and they don't allow playback on the iPhone...is there anyway to bypass that?
    EDIT: user agent faker from cydia

I would think more info is needed....maybe you're looking for the my3g trick or 3G unrestrictor trick? Or perhaps the nba restricted the YouTube videos because of copyright infringement...
    Last edited by 3cit; 03-04-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    03-04-2012 10:38 AM
    Yeah it sounds like you are not jailbroken. For some reason, Apple restricts 3G data to the device. That makes it difficult to enjoy YouTube & iTunes Match on 3G. For me, Jailbreaking & purchasing the 3G Unrestrictor app solved all my problems.

If jailbreaking your device is not for you, you can try this fix out. Keep us posted.
    03-04-2012 11:57 AM
    That's not what he's looking for.

There are some videos which restrict viewing on a mobile device, they only allow people to watch it on their desktop.
    jpdaballa likes this.
    03-04-2012 12:13 PM
    That's not what he's looking for.

There are some videos which restrict viewing on a mobile device, they only allow people to watch it on their desktop.
    Well in that case he needs the useragentfaker tweak from cydia. It fakes the user agent, so YouTube would think he's viewing it from firefox or safari or google chrome
    It's a great little tweak
    jpdaballa likes this.
    03-04-2012 01:42 PM
    Well in that case he needs the useragentfaker tweak from cydia. It fakes the user agent, so YouTube would think he's viewing it from firefox or safari or google chrome
    It's a great little tweak
    thanks i'm going to try it!

edit : didn't work
    Last edited by jpdaballa; 03-06-2012 at 11:15 PM.
    03-06-2012 11:05 PM
    What about using some of the alternate browsers on the iPhone? Like Skyfire or Dolphin?
    03-07-2012 12:56 AM
    Download MxTube from Cydia. It won't stream, but it will work though the download option.
    04-24-2013 01:15 AM
    I use an app called "PlayTube" from the App Store. I keep it in a folder with my YouTube app. It also continues to play when you minimize to the main screen. I'm pretty sure I've been able to watch non mobile vids on it. Let me know if it works.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    04-24-2013 02:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD