Anyway to trick youtube app to watch videos not available on mobile?

jpdaballa

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I always want to watch nba videos on the youtube app, and they don't allow playback on the iPhone...

is there anyway to bypass that?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I always want to watch nba videos on the youtube app, and they don't allow playback on the iPhone...is there anyway to bypass that?

EDIT: user agent faker from cydia

I would think more info is needed....maybe you're looking for the my3g trick or 3G unrestrictor trick? Or perhaps the nba restricted the YouTube videos because of copyright infringement...

Last edited:

Lodingi

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it sounds like you are not jailbroken. For some reason, Apple restricts 3G data to the device. That makes it difficult to enjoy YouTube & iTunes Match on 3G. For me, Jailbreaking & purchasing the 3G Unrestrictor app solved all my problems.

If jailbreaking your device is not for you, you can try this fix out. Keep us posted.

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
That's not what he's looking for.

There are some videos which restrict viewing on a mobile device, they only allow people to watch it on their desktop.

Reactions: jpdaballa

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
That's not what he's looking for.

There are some videos which restrict viewing on a mobile device, they only allow people to watch it on their desktop.

Well in that case he needs the useragentfaker tweak from cydia. It fakes the user agent, so YouTube would think he's viewing it from firefox or safari or google chrome
It's a great little tweak

Reactions: jpdaballa

jpdaballa

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Well in that case he needs the useragentfaker tweak from cydia. It fakes the user agent, so YouTube would think he's viewing it from firefox or safari or google chrome
It's a great little tweak

thanks i'm going to try it!

edit : didn't work

Last edited:

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I use an app called "PlayTube" from the App Store. I keep it in a folder with my YouTube app. It also continues to play when you minimize to the main screen. I'm pretty sure I've been able to watch non mobile vids on it. Let me know if it works.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73