Any tweak that changes the default email app?
    03-03-2012 04:18 PM
    03-03-2012 04:23 PM
    That doesn't solve my problem, let me elaborate:

I'm a big gmail user, so I like to use the gmail app. Whenever I'm using a browser, or in an app, and click something that says "send in an email" (or something to that effect) iOS automatically opens the stock email client. Are there any tweaks that will allow me to change it so instead of composing an email through the stock email app, it will compose a message through the gmail app?
    03-03-2012 05:04 PM
    Oh, I see what you mean now. Nothing comes to mind, sorry.

Out of curiosity, what do you enjoy about the gmail app over that native mail app? I'm a big gmail user myself (using over half a dozen different addresses for various things) but haven't found that it offers much over the native app. Although if they would start supporting all my "send as" addresses I would switch in a heartbeat. Still not sure why they continue to leave that out.
    03-03-2012 06:28 PM
    Oh, I see what you mean now. Nothing comes to mind, sorry.

Out of curiosity, what do you enjoy about the gmail app over that native mail app? I'm a big gmail user myself (using over half a dozen different addresses for various things) but haven't found that it offers much over the native app. Although if they would start supporting all my "send as" addresses I would switch in a heartbeat. Still not sure why they continue to leave that out.
    My favorite thing about gmail is the way conversations are displayed and the whole organizational system (archiving, labeling, etc.) The gmail app is basically the exact same interface as the website, just a little more compact. I find some things in the native app aren't very intuitive. I can never remember where to go to delete/trash a message, archive a message, or mark a message as unread. Being able to do those three things easily is pretty important to me. I also don't don't like the way conversations are grouped in the native app.

That being said, there are 3 things I wish I could change about the gmail app:

1) Make it the default email app

2) Be able to have multiple accounts without signing out (one of the nice things the native email client does)

3) The gmail app doesn't display in the notification center. I have it set to display banners, but for whatever reason all it does is beep/vibrate when I get a new text. I'd like to get it in the notification center if possible.

Anyways, these three problems are minor enough for me to choose the Gmail app over the native app.
    03-04-2012 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD