I recently purchased my first iPhone, it is an iPhone 4. I decided to try a jailbreak (using redsnow) and it went without a hitch for about a week, when all of a sudden it would freeze up during a respring. I decided to restore the device and rejailbreak it only to have it do the same thing a few days later. Is this a common issue for my device? If not what is the fix?
    03-01-2012 01:04 PM
    I recently purchased my first iPhone, it is an iPhone 4. I decided to try a jailbreak (using redsnow) and it went without a hitch for about a week, when all of a sudden it would freeze up during a respring. I decided to restore the device and rejailbreak it only to have it do the same thing a few days later. Is this a common issue for my device? If not what is the fix?
    After you respring are you trying to unlock it or pull down isx or lockinfo or any other lockscreen activation before it "finishes respringing"
    When I respring, I get to
    My lock screen then it flashes about once or twice more during the next 5 - 10 seconds before it finishes... If I try to open a quick impose my fine will freeze and I have to do a reset to get it started again...
    03-01-2012 02:26 PM
    It happens no matter when or how it resprings even if I do it thru winterboard after choosing a theme. It will start the respring normally and then I get the little circle that spins and then it stops and I can't do anything I have to press the lock button and the home button to turn the device off and then it will try to respring as soon as it restarts and it is a never ending cycle. I am not running a jail broke device any longer due to the device being unusable when jail broke.
    03-01-2012 08:52 PM
    Well what was happening was that you put SOMETHING on there that wasn't allowing your phone to boot properly... Alot of people ran into that when they tried to install the SIRI GUI, long before spire came out...
    I'd say you should jailbreak again, and just be careful about what you install... A theme wouldn't cause that issue... So it was some kind of tweak...
    Last edited by 3cit; 03-03-2012 at 02:19 AM.
    03-02-2012 03:02 AM
    Ok, I will try again, I did not have any type of SIRI installed, so like you said it must have been one of the other apps. Thanks
    03-02-2012 11:08 AM
    One good rule to go by is only add one app at a time and make sure it works properly. You probably have two apps or tweeks that are trying to access the same resources. Shouldn't be the jailbreak itself.
    03-02-2012 11:27 AM
    That is exactly what I was doing. I started thinking about it and I think it may have been an animated battery charging app that messed it all up, unfortunate it would not let me delete any apps to find out for sure. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-02-2012 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD