I attached a picture so you can see what I'm talking about.

I made a theme of my own with custom icons. There are 2 icons that have a black background, tweetbot and facebook. I'm not sure why, because they aren't supposed to. How do i get rid of it?

And secondly, in the dock is a transparent black background which also shouldn't be there. It is in phone, email, mail and music. How do i remove that one as well?
    02-28-2012 03:33 PM
    I think its AppIconShadow@2x (and AppIconShadow~iphone@2x and AppIconShadow) in com.apple.mobileicons.framework
    02-28-2012 04:03 PM
    I think its AppIconShadow@2x (and AppIconShadow~iphone@2x and AppIconShadow) in com.apple.mobileicons.framework
    I only have the appiconshado@2x~iphone.png. I removed it but the background is still there
    02-28-2012 09:36 PM
    Check out the first post in this thread, and see if that helps: MacThemes Forum / [theme] Glasklart HD 1.8.1 - Read First Post! Includes Black Icons Fix
    02-28-2012 10:29 PM
    Check out the first post in this thread, and see if that helps: MacThemes Forum / [theme] Glasklart HD 1.8.1 - Read First Post! Includes Black Icons Fix
    No luck
    02-28-2012 11:26 PM
    the dock icon shadows are there because you havent themed the dock, youve only themed the icons. the issue with tweetbot and facebook is that, that is the icon. whoever made those particular icons, made them with a background. youre going to need to edit the .png file of those two particular icons to get rid of the "perceived shadow". its actually a part of the icon.png.
    i can tell this because the cydia icon has no shadow background, meaning the theme doesnt contain shadow backgrounds...
    makes sense?
    so two steps..
    edit the tweetbot and facebook icon,
    theme your dock. there are a few differnt option in cydia that will let you have a completely invisible dock...
    if you still want the glass dock there you just need to remove that transparent one from the invisible dock theme you use
    make sense?
    02-29-2012 03:16 PM
    the dock icon shadows are there because you havent themed the dock, youve only themed the icons. the issue with tweetbot and facebook is that, that is the icon. whoever made those particular icons, made them with a background. youre going to need to edit the .png file of those two particular icons to get rid of the "perceived shadow". its actually a part of the icon.png.
    i can tell this because the cydia icon has no shadow background, meaning the theme doesnt contain shadow backgrounds...
    makes sense?
    so two steps..
    edit the tweetbot and facebook icon,
    theme your dock. there are a few differnt option in cydia that will let you have a completely invisible dock...
    if you still want the glass dock there you just need to remove that transparent one from the invisible dock theme you use
    make sense?
    It does make sense. I tried what the other poster said. It removes the shadows! But the other icons are square shaped, rather than rounded square shaped. I just went into photoshop and made the facebook and twitter icons myself. Here's what i did

The facebook and twitter icons were brought into photoshop and i saw that there was no other layer. Just the icon, nothing behind it. Google searching and forum digging i found out that you must have an icon in that rounded square shape if its a 3rd party app icon. Hence here i can do it perfectly

Last edited by Troy the Creator; 03-01-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    03-01-2012 09:27 AM
    Wow, so 3rd party apps NEED to be in that rounded shape? I wonder if you could move them to the section designated for "stock" apps so that they wouldn't need a background... Or even the places that cydia installs apps too...
    Just to play... What's your base theme with all those icons??
    03-02-2012 02:58 AM
    Wow, so 3rd party apps NEED to be in that rounded shape? I wonder if you could move them to the section designated for "stock" apps so that they wouldn't need a background... Or even the places that cydia installs apps too...
    Just to play... What's your base theme with all those icons??
    Yupp unfortunately they have to be. Technically dropping them into the stock icons folder should work, but I'm not too sure if it would. And that theme isn't in cydia. I made it myself
    03-02-2012 07:26 PM
    You made all the icons?? Props to you!!
    03-03-2012 02:23 AM
    You made all the icons?? Props to you!!
    Haha i wish! I meant that i got a bunch of icons and put them together to make my own theme along with custom carrier logos and custom 3G logo as well
    03-03-2012 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD