Change weather Widget from C to F.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I was able to go in iFile and change the actual temp. reading from Celsius to Fahrenheit without a problem. However, the C didn't change to F along with the temp. reading. Below is a screenshot of my weather widget along with a picture of my current settings. Anyone know how I can change the C over to F next to the temp.?

ad310dce-2187-8140.jpg

ad310dce-2dd2-c12f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Somewhere in the actual code is the Unicode symbol for the C we use for Celsius. That's what you have to switch out for an F.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. To get my city code I went to weather.yahoo.com, put my zip code in and hit go. Then I copied the 8 numbers that were listed in the URL and pasted that into iFile. I am not sure how to get any other code that is needed.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
That is the right thing to do yes

But to change the actual symbol next to the temperature you have to go into the actual widget and switch out the symbol. It doesn't automatically change.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Reactions: Eileen89

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
That is the right thing to do yes

But to change the actual symbol next to the temperature you have to go into the actual widget and switch out the symbol. It doesn't automatically change.

Thanks again for your help with this. Can you or someone else post how to do this? I looked around iFile but I am afraid to make any changes in there until I know it is correct. In my past jailbreaks I never used a weather widget.... :eek:

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Precisely. But if you already changed some other code to get the temp to read differently you may need to change it back for this simple solution to work. Sounds like you might be over-complicating things.

Reactions: Eileen89

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your help with this everyone. :) I ended up deleting the weather widget this morning as it took my battery down by 30% in a period of 5 hours. I would rather not sacrifice good batter life for a weather widget. I'll just stick to themes that don't use widgets....