Is there any Cydia app out there that emulates the Swype text entry that is available on Android?
    02-23-2012 10:55 PM
    Is there any Cydia app out there that emulates the Swype text entry that is available on Android?
    Google is your friend add this repo http://wynd.x10.mx/repo

Via Tapatalk
    02-23-2012 11:14 PM
    Google is your friend add this repo 404 Not Found

Via Tapatalk
    received a bunch of package errors when trying to add the repo, Cydia froze, and wouldn't complete loading the repo and available packages.
    02-23-2012 11:24 PM
    Google is your friend add this repo http://wynd.x10.mx/repo

Via Tapatalk
    In looking at you with a disapproving stare and shaking my fist... Shame on you.
    #1 you acted like a jerk
    #2 you gave him some crazy repo
    #3 see number 1, you jerk

And OP, add the insanelyi repo. Search for iswipe
    Bang biscuit
    rich67 likes this.
    02-24-2012 03:06 AM
    i love it. A few crashes
    02-24-2012 04:25 AM
    Iswipe

Seemed slow or buggy for me so deleted it but may go back to it in the future
    02-24-2012 10:36 AM
    In looking at you with a disapproving stare and shaking my fist... Shame on you.
    #1 you acted like a jerk
    #2 you gave him some crazy repo
    #3 see number 1, you jerk

And OP, add the insanelyi repo. Search for iswipe
    Bang biscuit
    #1I wasn't being a jerk and when I saw his question first thing I did was googled and that repo came up. If I was a jerk I would have posted just search, instead I said he can search and I did search and posted the repo that came in the search.

#2 Shame on you for recommending a repo that's known for piracy!

Also swype sucks on iOS.
    Last edited by vietalogy; 02-24-2012 at 11:32 AM.
    02-24-2012 11:25 AM
    #1I wasn't being a jerk and when I saw his question first thing I did was googled and that repo came up. If I was a jerk I would have posted just search, instead I said he can search and I did search and posted the repo that came in the search.

#2 Shame on you for recommending a repo that's known for piracy!

Also swype sucks on iOS.
    It would have been nice, that instead of Googling it and not trying it out before, I get input from someone who actually INSTALLED an app, and tested it out. I already went the Google route, and didn't find anything except a paid standard app through the iTunes store. And that one sucked.
    I know how to use Google, but it isn't the fricking Holy Bible. I'd hope that if you post on a forum you'd have a little more personal knowledge about a topic before you direct someone to a search engine for answers.
    02-24-2012 03:10 PM
    Who said I've never tested it? At the end of my last post didn't I say it sucks on iOS because I've tried it.

Also swype sucks on iOS.
    When I used it that was the repo I got it from and that was from the dev that made it.

Via Tapatalk
    Last edited by vietalogy; 02-24-2012 at 04:04 PM.
    02-24-2012 03:57 PM
    I downloaded iSwipe by adding a certain source. I cant remember which one exactly it was either hackyouriphone or biteyourapple. One of them had iSwipe in it. I used it for awhile but since ive only ever had an iphone I found it hard and cumbersome to use. I had problems getting it to type the words i actually wanted. Plus it lagged when it would bring up my keyboard. I might go back to it in the future, not sure yet on how i feel about the tweak. When you add sources i think most of them warn about piracy again not too sure on that one either. Let me know if these repo's have what you are looking for and if not I have it written down here somewhere and Im sure I can find it for you.
    03-08-2012 12:21 AM
    Also i forgot to say the reason i deleted those repos. I frown upon piracy so i dont lime having stuff on my phone that isnt legit. I pay for everything so repos that offer cracked apps are a no no
    03-08-2012 12:40 AM
    Also i forgot to say the reason i deleted those repos. I frown upon piracy so i dont lime having stuff on my phone that isnt legit. I pay for everything so repos that offer cracked apps are a no no
    The repo for iSwype is legit. No piracy involved at all.....

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    03-08-2012 08:39 PM
    How are we supposed to know what repos are legitimate and which aren't? I see them recommended all the time but have heard the ones that come stock in Cydia are the only ones that are trustworthy.
    03-09-2012 12:20 AM
    How are we supposed to know what repos are legitimate and which aren't? I see them recommended all the time but have heard the ones that come stock in Cydia are the only ones that are trustworthy.
    thats a good question, i know that once you add the source usually a prompt comes up letting you know that the source has piracy issues. a good example of this is xsellize, i needed it to download the version of mobile terminal to use ssh with it and its a legit source i beleive but the prompt still came up. if you google cydia sources it will give you a list and under the description it will tell you if there are cracked apps in that source or not. if it does have cracked apps stay away from it. i had to restore my phone after downloading not a cracked app but an app from a different source. the closer to cydia you stay the safter you will be.
    03-09-2012 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD