PushTone: custom notification sounds for ios 5

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I know a lot of people have been asking for something like this...a way to customize the sounds for notification alerts from 3rd party apps like facebook and so on:
http://moreinfo.thebigboss.org/moreinfo/depiction.php?file=pushtoneDp

Reactions: BLiNK

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
it seems this is not working with 5.1.1

anyone else, using this, getting the same results? if not then it should narrow down my troubleshooting

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
how about your Facebook custom tone? assuming you use FB

Yup. It works. I use PushTone for FB, Instagram, BeeJive, and Google Voice. Working fine on all.

When I jail broke on 5.1.1 the very first thing i installed was PushTone. Nothing before that.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
ive tried rebooting and eveything. do you know any other way to get PushTone to work on ios 5.1.1? thanks.

things that come to mind:

• remove PushTone - reboot - reinstall PushTone - reboot

• remove & resync your tones via iTunes

• Restore as new iPhone/re-jailbreak

Roose00

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Still not available in cydia. Anyone heard from the dev or have a place to download it?

If not, anyone find the exact file/folder where the sounds are used for Facebook/twitter/scoremobile. For apps that already have their own sounds, it has been much easier to copy and paste new ones in, but having a tough time for those apps that use default tri-tone. Help!!

music3000

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
still a no go

The dev hasn't replied to anyone about this tweak and cydia wont let you download it because '5.1.1 isn't supported'. I'd love to have separate tones for notifications and just wanted to keep the discussion alive.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
these Devs have nobody to answer to. they have your money and that's all that matters..

sad to say but there are only a handful of JB Devs that are top notch

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox