Theme: BlackStatusIcons

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone point me toward a theme or tweak that will let me use black status bar icons (signal bars, wifi, etc) instead of the blue ones that show up when you open an app? I'm not sure what's out there for iOS 5.

Thanks!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks but I think that would mean having the same color at the homescreen and in an app...basically I want the default homescreen (black bar, white icons) and the reverse in-app (white bar, black icons). If I can track down the original, extracted artwork files I'll probably just end up doing it myself...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If anyone else is interested in this, I ended up doing it myself this morning. The attached zip will theme the usual UI images (wifi bars, signal bars, battery, etc) as well as the IntelliScreenX status bar icons. I only themed the icons when they appear on the silver status bar, not the black one. The red ribbon is used in OpenNotifier and isn't included here.

Screenshot appears more jagged-looking than the actual theme. (I might still go back at some point to clean up some edges though as this was a pretty quick and dirty job.) To use, just unzip the file and drop the BlackStatusIcons folder into Winterboard.

(EDIT: removed outdated theme, please see later posts in this thread for latest version.)

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Not with what I have?the native images are packed in the shared.artwork package, so you can't just replace them directly. You'd need to repackage all the new images with the other UI elements (which I don't know how to do).

You could replace the ISX icons directly but that's it.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, the theme is only used when the bar is silver, which is the in-app bar. So my homescreen and lockscreen are the usual dark bar with light icons, and my in-app is the themed one. It doesn't work in Cydia due to winterboard restrictions.

Here is a comparison of my lockscreen bar (homescreen is the same except with a the time instead of the padlock), compared with the bar in my calendar app:

o9S92.png

Basically I just wanted them to reverse black and white, and not use the usual Apple blue at all.

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
One more update: I decided to take out the altered battery percentage numbers as they were already dark enough and look much better, and to keep the red versions for when the battery is running low. Updated zip attached.

(EDIT: removed outdated theme, please see later posts in this thread for latest version.)

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay, ONE more update...it was bugging me that the outline of the battery was different on the two statusbars. This update fixes that so that all the battery images have the little protruding nub on the right side of the icon. I've left the other files in there as well in case anyone wants to use the plain rectangle (to do so, remove the BAK portion of the filenames, or just use the version attached to my previous post).

This is what they look like now:
IlrY7.png
aqSgo.png
22B5C.png

(The last one will be filled with your remaining battery in black, of course.)

Last edited:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
nice. so I take it that you simply unzip the files and copy them to the theme folder using something like iFunBox, then select the icons using Winterboard?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Just unzip the folder, and then put the BlackStatusIcons folder into Winterboard. (I only had to zip it in order to upload it here.)

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I just don't follow. Unzip yes I understand. But then put into winter board I don't understand. Do you do all this from the phone or via the computer? I don't know how to "put it in winterboard". Sorry.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
No sweat: since it's not in Cydia, you need to install it with iFunbox or something similar using these steps.

-Download zip to computer
-Unzip, giving you the BlackStatusIcons folder
-Hook phone up, open iFunbox or whatever
-Copy the BlackStatusIcons folder to /Library/Themes folder
(the above step is the one that actually puts the theme into Winterboard. You can use these steps for any WB theme.)
-Open Winterboard, check off the theme, respring

Done!

LouisCameron

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, the theme is only used when the bar is silver, which is the in-app bar. So my homescreen and lockscreen are the usual dark bar with light icons, and my in-app is the themed one. It doesn't work in Cydia due to winterboard restrictions.

Here is a comparison of my lockscreen bar (homescreen is the same except with a the time instead of the padlock), compared with the bar in my calendar app:

Click to view quoted image

Basically I just wanted them to reverse black and white, and not use the usual Apple blue at all.

Massie (or anyone who knows), what is that red bookmark icon in your status bar for? Thanks in advance!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Or if you want to do it yourself, download the ribbon here: Ribbon for Notified by ~E-k-s on deviantART

But because it was originally made for a different app, you need to rename the images and the folders they live in--that way Winterboard will be able to replace the file you want to replace in OpenNotifier. (I use it to replace the Exclamation Point.) Here is what my /Library/Themes/ folder looks like for this theme:

/Library/Themes/Notifier/Folders/UIKit.framework/

Inside the UIKit.framework folder you'll put four images--the ribbons. There are two for the black status bars and two for the silver status bars. Just take the original names and change them to the names used in OpenNotifier (see below).

Here are the names needed for use with OpenNotifier:
FaY2z.jpg

The white ribbon is the one that starts with Black_ON, and the red ribbon will be Silver_ON. (Black and silver refer to the status bar colors.) It's easiest to do the whole thing on your computer (make all the folders, rename the images, etc.) and then just drop the Notifier theme folder into your /Library/Themes section. Then enable it in Winterboard and you're good to go.

Finally, it should go without saying that you need OpenNotifier for this to work. If you use some other notification system you'd need to change the names and perhaps the path to match whatever you use.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73