I can't even get the purple/grey microphone to highlight to talk to Siri using spire. I hold the home button, the Siri mic shows up, but doesn't listen. It just sits there. Any ideas?
    02-15-2012 10:43 AM
    Apple is blocking spire. You gotta remove a plist file... There is a tutorial on redmondpie.com somewhere
    Bugeyeblue likes this.
    02-15-2012 02:49 PM
    com.apple.assistant.plist needs to be deleted in var/mobile/Library/Preferences/directory using iFile. Anyone know if that's a safe thing to do? I have no idea what that is and don't want to delete it if it's a necessary file for ios.
    02-15-2012 11:20 PM
    I just set it up on my iPad 2 this evening, using the new AssistantConnect packages on Cydia. It works well, and you're using the real Apple server.

The only downside is that the authentication tokens are only good for 24 hours, so it's better that you either have your own iPhone 4s to generate them, or have a REALLY good friend to email them to you every day.

It's kind of novel to see it work, but I don't know if I'll use it much...
    02-16-2012 12:06 AM
    I just set it up on my iPad 2 this evening, using the new AssistantConnect packages on Cydia. It works well, and you're using the real Apple server.

The only downside is that the authentication tokens are only good for 24 hours, so it's better that you either have your own iPhone 4s to generate them, or have a REALLY good friend to email them to you every day.

How would you get the tokens from a 4s? I have a lot of family members with 4s's. And is AssistantConnect an app or does it go with spire? I've never heard of it.
    02-16-2012 12:26 AM
    How would you get the tokens from a 4s? I have a lot of family members with 4s's. And is AssistantConnect an app or does it go with spire? I've never heard of it.
    Assistantconnect is a cydia app sorta... Te person with the 4s runs it, uses Siri, then uses Assistantconnect to email the 4 user a file. The 4 user just runs the file emailed to them and boom, spire is set to work for the day.
    02-16-2012 02:47 AM
    I have Spire with SiriZone proxy and it is flawless! $20 for the year (cheaper than 4S).
    02-16-2012 08:56 AM

The 24 hour limitation is such a deal breaker. Really, how many people have a friend dedicated enough to email the needed Siri file EVERY DAY?? Until developers can get around that I can't see it going anywhere, unfortunately.
    02-16-2012 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD