iOS '86 theme

TheGuyBooth

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the designer Anton Repponen will make this into a theme one day. If this picture has inspired you and you have themed before why not do it again? It'll be an awesome experience especially now with how good themes come out with the retina displays. Then submit them to a repository or become a Featured Artist in Cydia and see if you can make some money. You never know

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't designing it for retina display somewhat defeat the purpose of the 80s un-antialiased look?

Just sayin'

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I think this might be the closest I've seen: Cydia Search | Package | com.codethemed.contrast8424

screenshot.png

Not sure what firmwares it works with, though. Has anyone tried it out? I've used similar ideas before just by using either GrayScaleIcons or Springtomize2 to make my icons black and white, but they were never quite stark enough for me--too much grey and not enough black.

EDIT: I tracked down the home page for the theme, which says it's "Compatible with iPhone 1G/2G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod touch 1G, iPod touch 2G, and iPod touch 3G."

So no retina display for this one. Too bad.

Last edited:

Mrjr

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the designer Anton Repponen will make this into a theme one day. If this picture has inspired you and you have themed before why not do it again? It'll be an awesome experience especially now with how good themes come out with the retina displays. Then submit them to a repository or become a Featured Artist in Cydia and see if you can make some money. You never know

I should clarify: I've never actually created a theme—only used them. I don't really have Photoshop skills. Only Photoshop experience was messing around in CS2 on my old iBook G4. Still, for a theme like that, it'd be worth learning.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73