Did jailbreak **** up Siri?

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Atleast once a day, Siri will activate with a single press of the home button, or a double press, as opposed to a press and hold like it's supposed to be. This will mess up my Bluetooth wile I'm listening to music or podcasts, and I'll have to go back into settings and reconnect my headset to get it working again.

This is not an activator setting I've set, ive double checked. Does this happen to people who are not jail broken? Or is it a jailbreak issue? Is there a fix?

therandomone

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I had a different issue with Siri not working right when I first jailbroke my phone, so I did a restore and re-jailbroke it. Now Siri works like she should.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Works fine for me. I even added a Cydia app that allows Siri to open and close apps and turn on Bluetooth and Wifi...makes her even more functional now.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to experiment by removing one Siri related tweak at a time and seeing if that fixes it, but I have to give it a day between each test to see if I still ever encounter this error. Ive just removed the hands free controll tweak, sense I barely use it.

Retail breaking is going to be my last resort, cause I really don't want to do all of that again, and find and reinstall everything I have now. I'll update this thread when I figure out what happened.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to re jailbreak without loosing anything? What will get erased? Will apps be taken off? And if so, do the ones I had installed from the app store all load up on my phone again when I sign into my iTunes account? That would be optimal.

Update: the problem was having multifl0w installed and os7:revive at the same time. I've replaced multifl0w with cardswitcher.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW