Hi everyone,

I just JB'd my iphone 4s last night and I am trying to edit the slide to unlock message. I downloaded and registered iFile and from the Youtube vids, I have to go into core services. I don't see that file and I've been looking everywhere even did a search within iFile. Is there something else I need to download as well?

Also, can someone point me in the right direction or tell me how to get themes to use my own wallpaper. User wp is checked in winterboard.

Thank you!
    02-08-2012 02:08 PM
    i know that a lot of system files have been moved with iOS 5 that were typically easier to find with 4.x.x and earlier but i could not even begin to tell you where

you probably already know this but, Winterboard uses a hierarchy system so not only will you need to check your wallpaper but it needs to be moved to the top of your list & repsring. hopefully this will resolve that issue?
    02-08-2012 03:13 PM
    Hi everyone,

I just JB'd my iphone 4s last night and I am trying to edit the slide to unlock message. I downloaded and registered iFile and from the Youtube vids, I have to go into core services. I don't see that file and I've been looking everywhere even did a search within iFile. Is there something else I need to download as well?

Also, can someone point me in the right direction or tell me how to get themes to use my own wallpaper. User wp is checked in winterboard.

Thank you!
    System/library/coreservices/springboard.app/English.iproj/springboardstrings

Or using ifile go to themes and pick you favorite theme, or create a theme folder
    Inside that folder create a folder titled Bundles
    In the Bundles folder create a folder called Com.Apple.SpringBoard
    Inside that folder create a folder called En.Iproj
    Inside that folder create a string file titled SpringBoard.string
    Inside that string file create a string title AWAY_LOCK_LABEL
    Then open that string, put whatever you want your slide to unlock text to be... Then apply theme, respring, and enjoy
    Last edited by 3cit; 02-09-2012 at 01:36 AM.
    02-09-2012 01:28 AM
    There are also a ton of tweaks in cydia for editing slider text...why not just use one of those instead of digging around in iFile?
    02-09-2012 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD