count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a voice memo that's over an hour long. I want to send it to a friend but its to long to send. Im wondering if i could somehow send it with ifile or upload it to Dropbox.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You should ssh into your phone and copy it to your computer... If you know it's location in ifile, you will find it easy enough using winscp

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Where would i find instructions to do what you have described. Im new to iphone and generally pretty thick in the head.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well... Right here I suppose...
First you will need open ssh from cydia
Next (for windows, don't know what for a Mac) you will need a FTP client.
I use winscp, I think pretty much everyone does...
You have to have computer and iPhone connected to same wifi network!
Then you open winscp and you input the ip address of your iPhone where it says name. (pretty sure, trying to
Instruct through memory) your ip is something like 192.168.1.xxx then where it says login, type "root" (no quotes) where it says password, type "alpine"
You will now be in the file system of your iPhone.
Now you just gotta find that voice memo your looking for...
I

Reactions: count123

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
or, you can try iPhone Folders by way of USB connection [Windows only]

Agreed...I find it a lot easier to just use a cable; then there's no need for installing an SSH client, and you don't have to worry about forgetting to turn it off (which can be a battery drain and, if you don't change the default password, a security risk). You also don't have to go through the process of connecting over wifi, and a cabled solution will transfer data more quickly.

(I use iPhonebrowser, but there are plenty of solutions out there.)

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Any attach allows you to send any file through email. A must have if you use email a lot.

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Agreed...I find it a lot easier to just use a cable; then there's no need for installing an SSH client, and you don't have to worry about forgetting to turn it off (which can be a battery drain and, if you don't change the default password, a security risk). You also don't have to go through the process of connecting over wifi, and a cabled solution will transfer data more quickly.

(I use iPhonebrowser, but there are plenty of solutions out there.)

Sometime winscp doesn't work for me... I thought that the explorer programs couldn't access the whole file system though...
They can??

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
i use iFunBox as my desktop app to access my iPhone from my PC.. you should be able to find and copy the voice mail using this program.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal