How much battery do you get out of your jailbroken iPhone?

Oliverg109

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok so lately I have been experiencing a bit of a short battery life, usage and standby. I have tested it out myself and have noticed that if I have 55% or so of battery life ( before I go to sleep) once I wake up - around 6-7 hrs of sleep- my phone is dead. When I had it none jailbroken my phone probably lost 5% of battery when I had it in the same situation. I am wondering if it could be the tweaks that I have installed? or is it just the jailbreak?

My question to you is : How much battery do you get out of your JB device and what tweaks do you have installed?

Forgot to mention my tweaks: Winterboard - I have only changed my lock screen, Activator, clean status, clock hide, infinifolders, nyan sliders, zephyr, SB settings, backgrounder, 3g unrestrictor and iFile.

andrewshah

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
My battery life since jailbreaking has been CRAP, but that's because I use my phone a lot more than I ever used it before jailbreaking ^_^

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
My battery is 100 times better since I jailbroke...
Not really, it's exactly the same... Oh wait, I wouldn't actually know as my phone has never not been jailbroken... Except for the 7 minutes it took me to activate and set it up before I jailbroke 4.3.3...
Also, I KNOW that zephyr is causing your problem...
Ok I dont really know (I don't even think that) I just REALLY HATE zephyr (truth)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Ok so lately I have been experiencing a bit of a short battery life, usage and standby. I have tested it out myself and have noticed that if I have 55% or so of battery life ( before I go to sleep) once I wake up - around 6-7 hrs of sleep- my phone is dead. When I had it none jailbroken my phone probably lost 5% of battery when I had it in the same situation. I am wondering if it could be the tweaks that I have installed? or is it just the jailbreak?

My question to you is : How much battery do you get out of your JB device and what tweaks do you have installed?

Forgot to mention my tweaks: Winterboard - I have only changed my lock screen, Activator, clean status, clock hide, infinifolders, nyan sliders, zephyr, SB settings, backgrounder, 3g unrestrictor and iFile.

jailbreaking and the intimate relationship with ones battery performance is very-very subjective and user specific

55% or more usage while not being used in a 6-7 hour span??! with the apps/tweaks you have listed i do not see how this can be happening. i guess it's possible there might be something left behind from a tweak or app that you temporarily had on the device. just because we "remove" a tweak/app/utility does not technically mean "everything" has been removed. this is exactly why i set myself up as Developer in Cydia so i can see everything that is being loaded onto my device and delete everything when needed (take screenshots if needed)

anyways, if i were in your position i would restore as new and re-jailbreak. if you cannot remember then write down all of your current jailbroken apps and tweaks then manually install back on after you jailbreak

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Reset the phone and set up as new. It works. I had my phone at full charge and I woke up 6 hours later to find it dead. It would overheat a lot and I got worried and reset it. I have had no problems with my battery life after the reset. Corrupt files can cause this soo set it up as a new phone.

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk

Oliverg109

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Well I did set up the phone as new, I went to AT&T bought the phone, maybe like 10 minutes later I jailbroke it. It was set up as new never restored it or anything like that. I do have a question though. Once I restore as new again how could I get the data back from my games? Or would i just have to start from the beginning again - that would be harsh.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I find no difference between my non JB 4S and now that it's jailbroken. Unless I use an animated background/lock screen.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2