Hi all, hopefully someone else is thinking of this with me but I'm looking for a mod to remove the "border" or "dock" (I'm not sure which one it counts as) around the slide to unlock on the lock screen so I can just have the actual slider at the bottom. Also I'm wondering of there is a mod to only show the battery percentage and not the actual icon? Any help would be very appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Pictures taken with my wife's not as impressive iPhone.
    02-03-2012 03:53 AM

My lock screen
    Your looking for themes. I am almost positive there is a battery percentage one that you describe.
    Also the "box" or shadow behind the slider can be removed with themes too.
    So your first step is winterboard.
    Second step is to investigate all the themes available...
    I can start you off with a "clear lockscreen" example

That bar bottom lock is what your looking for... You want to make it "alpha" colored, which is clear or invisible
    Last edited by 3cit; 02-03-2012 at 06:32 AM.
    02-03-2012 06:26 AM
    Sweet an that'll keep it still saying slide to unlock? Just removing the shade? And are you using the "finder" app to get to the files or a FTP client on your computer( I can't remember the exact name)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Pictures taken with my wife's not as impressive iPhone.
    02-03-2012 01:02 PM
    you can search through Cydia for a plethora of lockscreens, themes, etc.. download them and then install using Winterboard. - all done through your phone.

Once you are comfortable with this, there are sites where you can download themes to your computer and then load them to your phone using 3rd party apps like iFunBox.
    02-03-2012 01:05 PM
    We're is the .png in for the bottom lock in the filesystem?

02-03-2012 03:00 PM
    We're is the .png in for the bottom lock in the filesystem?

You shouldn't be theming without winterboard until you KNOW EXACTLY what you're doing...
    Do you have winterboard?
    02-03-2012 03:09 PM
    Sweet an that'll keep it still saying slide to unlock? Just removing the shade? And are you using the "finder" app to get to the files or a FTP client on your computer( I can't remember the exact name)?

And yeah it'll keep the text... On my lockscreen live laugh love is the text that is usually slide to unlock... The .png is in com.apple.UItelephony
    But again I stress GET WINTERBOARD
    02-03-2012 03:12 PM
    Yes, I had winterboard already and did exactly what I wanted I didn't want to change the text or anything just get rid of the "shade". Thanks for the help guys.

02-03-2012 03:22 PM
    Sorry idk if the pic worked so heres what I did with a little Cyberduck and your help.

02-03-2012 03:24 PM
    It's actually made up of two images:

The slider itself has three versions (one grey, one green, one red) that are used for different events in the OS: Slide to Unlock, Slide to Turn Off, etc. They're also in the Telephony folder and have names like bottombarknobgreen, etc.

You can find more info here: MacThemes Forum / iOS 4.3 - New, changed and relocated images. Ask here!

Many themes remove the slider text anyway, but you can always tweak it with a standalone tweak or with something like Springtomize.

Have fun!

edit...I see you already took care of it, but this should help someone. By the way, you know you can just take a screenshot of your own phone by pressing the home and sleep buttons at the same time, right?
    Last edited by Massie; 02-03-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    02-03-2012 03:24 PM
    That's what I did, but it looks like there is an error with the photo. Thanks for the info. I saw that as soon as I got into the filesystem. I'll try it again. Attachment 13559

02-04-2012 12:20 AM
    That's what I did, but it looks like there is an error with the photo. Thanks for the info. I saw that as soon as I got into the filesystem. I'll try it again. Attachment 13559

Glad it's all sorted... When using Tapatalk you need to upload to Tapatalk not the forum
    Things t-Rex tries...
    02-04-2012 02:40 AM
    Let's give it a try...

02-05-2012 01:08 AM
    What is it you're trying to do here? This is the fourth time you've uploaded this picture. Or am I missing something?
    02-05-2012 01:47 AM
    What is it you're trying to do here? This is the fourth time you've uploaded this picture. Or am I missing something?
    I think that last time he was uploading using Tapatalk as the host instead of iMore... Looks like he's got his theme sorted though!
    GO PATRIOTS
    02-05-2012 03:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD