Jailbreak and Siri Updates

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I am an old Jailbreaker that has had a hard time coming back after iOS5. I really want to do this but my 1 main hang up is Siri. I am hesitant because when Apple releases iOS 5.1, I am thinking there will be some pretty big advances with Siri. DO you guys think this is a valid concern? Is Siri even updated in iOS versions or is it something they handle on the server side? Just need a push.TIA

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I am an old Jailbreaker that has had a hard time coming back after iOS5. I really want to do this but my 1 main hang up is Siri. I am hesitant because when Apple releases iOS 5.1, I am thinking there will be some pretty big advances with Siri. DO you guys think this is a valid concern? Is Siri even updated in iOS versions or is it something they handle on the server side? Just need a push.TIA

I get what you are saying....although, there are some great jailbreak apps for expanding Siri's functionality. Besides, now that the A5 chip has been exploited, how long do you think it could really take for 5.2 to get an unteathered jailbreak? :cool:

mxlogic

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I think the bigger you should be asking is, how often do you use Siri? If you use Siri often throughout the day, then maybe you should consider 5.1 and see what updates they come out with for Siri. On the other hand, if you use Siri occasionally or less, then I don't see how much more you'll use. For example, I still go to the Call button and press to call someone instead of telling Siri to call someone half the time.

You can still go ahead and jailbreak, save your SHSH blobs with TinyUmbrella and go ahead and update. If you don't like it, you can downgrade. (But wait to make sure what people say about downgrading. Sometimes, it's not easy and people get stuck with a firmware they can't jailbreak!)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro