I am curious to know how many of you who have a jailbroken iPhone 4S 5.0/5.0.1 were also jailbroken with their iPhone 4 on 5.0?

In November, I sold my tethered iPhone 4 with iOS 5.0 on craigslist. I backed it up on iTunes and iCloud. The buyer wanted it with 4.3.3 and jailbroken. I set it up as a new iPhone 4 with 4.3.3 and jailbroke it. 4 hours later, I am at the Apple store with a brand new iPhone 4S. I restored from iCloud backup (which was iPhone 4 5.0) via wifi and was good to go. No issues.

2 weeks ago, I jailbroke successfully with Absinthe first release 30 minutes after it was public. I started adding back Cydia paid apps like Folderenhancer, infinidock, mywi, my3g. Strangely enough, Folderenhancer remembered how I had my folders setup previously with apps when I was jailbroken on my iPhone 4 at tethered 5.0. I attribute this to being when I bought my iPhone 4S, I restored from a backup of my iPhone 4 5.0 from iCloud. Somehow, the restore on my stock iPhone 4S brought over jailbreak filles from the Deneb filesystem.

My jailbroken iPhone 4S is working fine mostly except on a couple of issues I have isolated.. I get lockups and have to hard reset sometimes and that's because I might have added a tweak that is incompatible. When I remove the tweak and do a hard reset, I am fine. I have noticed that in SBSettings I get a hard lockup sometimes when I kill all the processes too fast and free up memory afterwards. If I do it slowly, it works better.

I am sensing that Apple will be releasing iOS 5.1 shortly because usually after a Mac OSX update more updates follow on their product line.

My question is this: should I restore as new iPhone with 5.0.1 firmware and re-jailbreak?
    02-02-2012 10:04 AM
    I always restore as new... Seems to me to be the safest sure fire way to have everything work the way it should
    02-02-2012 02:16 PM
    I always restore as new... Seems to me to be the safest sure fire way to have everything work the way it should
    amen to this. is it a little overdoing it? maybe. but peace of mind alone can go a long way

then you get people who worry about saved game data etc.. that's when you come to that proverbial fork in the road. i choose smoother running device
    02-02-2012 03:18 PM
    amen to this. is it a little overdoing it? maybe. but peace of mind alone can go a long way

then you get people who worry about saved game data etc.. that's when you come to that proverbial fork in the road. i choose smoother running device
    Right, I used to get annoyed about losing saved game data. These days, quite a bit of games are saving on "cloud" (whatever server they use), so I don't even worry about saved games anymore.
    02-02-2012 10:03 PM
    I just wanted to report back that I am glad I restored as new iphone. The jailbreak took less than 2 minutes and now I am putting everything back together. So far so good.
    02-03-2012 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD