.. will enable you to delete the Documents & Data from an app (via the Settings menu)?

The ability did exist in the 5.0 betas, but didn't make it to the final cut. I've noticed that apps like Facebook, etc. store all of the data downloaded and take up a lot of memory. Even if you uninstall the app, and re-install.. it's all still there.
    01-30-2012 02:44 PM
    .. will enable you to delete the Documents & Data from an app (via the Settings menu)?

The ability did exist in the 5.0 betas, but didn't make it to the final cut. I've noticed that apps like Facebook, etc. store all of the data downloaded and take up a lot of memory. Even if you uninstall the app, and re-install.. it's all still there.
    not from the setting menu, but you should get

ifile

its pretty much a necessity, you can do SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much with it...
    01-30-2012 03:12 PM
    I downloaded iFile and have no bleep'n clue what it does or how it works..
    01-30-2012 03:22 PM
    I downloaded iFile and have no bleep'n clue what it does or how it works..
    Ditto! I actually have iFile, and it's totally useful when I know where I need to find something. I haven't figured out where the "temporary" files are stored, though.
    01-30-2012 03:27 PM
    The home icon in ifile will bring you to var/mobil then you select applications... Scroll down to Facebook. One of the folders is called cache... Open it up and trash em all!!!
    01-31-2012 12:37 AM
    The home icon in ifile will bring you to var/mobil then you select applications... Scroll down to Facebook. One of the folders is called cache... Open it up and trash em all!!!
    YOU my friend.. are an absolute genius! Thanks!

I'm thinkin' just SSH'ing to my device, and deleting those folders would be quicker. AMAZING.
    01-31-2012 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD