Messages+ Question

NickB2005

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying to find the answer and I haven't been able to get a fully 100% answer. I am using BiteSMS right now and the biggest thing I like is when I get a text message it pops up on the screen and I can hit reply, call, FT, delete along with a bunch of other apps. I love I can just reply without having to open anything.

Now with messages+ I tried it and couldn't get it to work like Bite does where it's a little pop up in the middle of the screen no matter where I am?

Anyone know?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I think it just uses whatever you choose in the Messaging app (usually set to banners). But even if you set it to the old style popup alert, it's still going to open Messages+ as a full screen overlay?that is just how the M+ Quick Reply looks. Like bite, you still stay in the app, bite just looks smaller.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Bite has more options too, message plus is just compose and reply...
Bites got all that stuff you like, you should stick with it!!!!

I'm a hack for bitesms though... Clearly biased in my thoughts and opinions

NickB2005

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Bite has been laggy when I go into the app try to open a recent convo I'm having with someone I'm sitting there for 20 seconds waiting for the convo to open. So I'm trying messages+ for a day or two see what I think.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Bite has been laggy when I go into the app try to open a recent convo I'm having with someone I'm sitting there for 20 seconds waiting for the convo to open. So I'm trying messages+ for a day or two see what I think.

Uninstall and then reinstall. That should fix the problem.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
How do you start the free trial? I know I'm probably missing something stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Tells me I need to activate it. See screenshot below. I downloaded the license and it should do everything automatically right?

Also when I hit purchase in the app, cydia tells me it can't locate the package.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
when you pull down the notification center you'll see compose button to the lower right of the screen and go from there.
If you have the setting enabled a bar will appear at the top of the screen when someone text you. if you click it, it will take you directly to messages+. It won't take you out of the app you are in, because its running in the notification center.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Tells me I need to activate it. See screenshot below. I downloaded the license and it should do everything automatically right?

Also when I hit purchase in the app, cydia tells me it can't locate the package.

well you have the applicaton, so no need to purchase it currently... what happens when you click on download license?

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
when you pull down the notification center you'll see compose button to the lower right of the screen and go from there.
If you have the setting enabled a bar will appear at the top of the screen when someone text you. if you click it, it will take you directly to messages+. It won't take you out of the app you are in, because its running in the notification center.

That's when I actually get the app to work. After I downloaded the app and opened it, the screen shot I posted is what pops up. I've received a few texts so far, none of which have gone through message+. Did the screenshot I post come up for anyone else when trying the trial version? I really don't want to pay 8.00 to see the same thing. I know I'm not doing something right, but what that something is, I have no clue.

EvJ296#IM

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
app unable to be opened after download

i have downloaded and payed for messages+ app off of cydia version 1.3

it downloads the app successfully, resprings, however once i tap on the application it does not open and in settings app the messages+ settings are unable to be edited.

does anyone have suggestions? i have tried respringing, uninstalling, and reinstalling. thank you!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
People having trouble with licensing issues: reboot your phone (not just respring) and then try to open the app and get your license. I usually need to do this when installing Intelliborn's updates.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i have downloaded and payed for messages+ app off of cydia version 1.3

it downloads the app successfully, resprings, however once i tap on the application it does not open and in settings app the messages+ settings are unable to be edited.

does anyone have suggestions? i have tried respringing, uninstalling, and reinstalling. thank you!

search Cydia for OpenSSL and install it. then reinstall Messages+

let me know if this works

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73