Common issues during a jailbreak

nolhayes

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I did a fresh restore last night and that's the only time I seen any progress with this jailbreak. It went through the whole process and then when I clicked the absinthe icon it rebooted and cydia wasn't there.

I tried the vpn toggle trick and I got a network error but the phone didn't reboot like many said it would and the toggle switch went right back to the off position.

I'm stuck. I will try what you mentioned above the "reset all settings" suggestion. I really don't want to remove my content again it takes forever to come back. Also my camera roll was empty upon restore. -_-

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I did a fresh restore last night and that's the only time I seen any progress with this jailbreak. It went through the whole process and then when I clicked the absinthe icon it rebooted and cydia wasn't there.

I tried the vpn toggle trick and I got a network error but the phone didn't reboot like many said it would and the toggle switch went right back to the off position.

I'm stuck. I will try what you mentioned above the "reset all settings" suggestion. I really don't want to remove my content again it takes forever to come back. Also my camera roll was empty upon restore. -_-

The new version of Absinthe should fix the camera roll issue. You can download it in our downloads section. :)

nolhayes

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The new version of Absinthe should fix the camera roll issue. You can download it in our downloads section. :)

when was this new version released? sometime today?
Today was horrific with the jailbreak process. Performed a restore last night but when it was time to hit the absinthe icon to load cydia the phone restarted and then when it loaded cydia wasn't there. I hit the icon again and nothing happened.
I eventually loaded all my data back to the phone via my backup thru itunes and the jailbreak was gone when the phone booted up.

I seen somewhere that I didn't have to "remove all content and settings" to get the jailbreak to work but just "reset all settings" did that and nothing happened.
Not only did nothing happen but afterwards when people sms messaged me their names would not pop up just their numbers.

I'm considering waiting until another version of this jailbreak comes out that has addressed some of these issues before I retry

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
is there a fix for the music in the music app/ipod app not playing after the absinthe jailbreak?
thanks
tom

As far as I'm aware, is this issue only related to iTunes Match or is your music hard downloaded not playing? I've seen a "few" people have issue with physically stored music but not many. Resync your content and that seems to fix it.

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
i have music from itunes synced and stored on my phone i guess the "old school" way of syncing music from itunes to iphone. I havent used nor have i used itunes match at any point, stock or after the jailbreak. I have been doing some reading and have tried the mobile substrate add-ons deal by individually going thru cydia tweaks and seeing if there is a single culprit and have not come across any. Its still wont play after that test. So I'll try re-syncing and remove all songs and then re-load them post jailbreak and see if that does any good.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
i usually get white icons every now and then, but that doesn't bother me as much as the springboard restarting out of nowhere. anyone else get that?

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
i usually get white icons every now and then, but that doesn't bother me as much as the springboard restarting out of nowhere. anyone else get that?

Ive gotten that a couple times, but it seems to be related(at least in my case) to the theme i have loaded. Example from my phone, I loaded the gladhander theme i had from a backup....all seemed to be fine, but the stock apple calendar app date whites out. the red car stays, but the actual numbers white out. I then load a recent theme i downloaded yesterday and its back.
Now if your problem is in relation to a total app icon white out, there are some things to try that involve the latest version of the absinthe jailbreak. I think its versioin 0.2 that addresses the white out icon deal amongst a few other issues that seem to crop up.

nolhayes

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
did you guys all restore to factory and jailbreak or did some of you wait out the long "beginning jailbreak process" and jailbreak?

And to those who did restore to factory, how did you get your data back on without your jailbreak being taken away?

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Ive gotten that a couple times, but it seems to be related(at least in my case) to the theme i have loaded. Example from my phone, I loaded the gladhander theme i had from a backup....all seemed to be fine, but the stock apple calendar app date whites out. the red car stays, but the actual numbers white out. I then load a recent theme i downloaded yesterday and its back.
Now if your problem is in relation to a total app icon white out, there are some things to try that involve the latest version of the absinthe jailbreak. I think its versioin 0.2 that addresses the white out icon deal amongst a few other issues that seem to crop up.

I'm actually using 0.2
It's not a complete white-out - its random and only a couple at a time
The springboard problem is terrible
In-fact, the springboard just restarted as I was typing this
It's become common practice for me to copy what I've written just in case the springboard restarts by itself again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
did you guys all restore to factory and jailbreak or did some of you wait out the long "beginning jailbreak process" and jailbreak?

And to those who did restore to factory, how did you get your data back on without your jailbreak being taken away?
I had just received a new ip4s phone, so my jb was from basically a bone stock phone. I set it up as a new phone and then did the jb with absinthe and then just did a normal sync with itunes to get my apps and data on my phone.

I'm actually using 0.2
It's not a complete white-out - its random and only a couple at a time
The springboard problem is terrible
In-fact, the springboard just restarted as I was typing this
It's become common practice for me to copy what I've written just in case the springboard restarts by itself again

Ive heard/read that some that are still having the white out problem have had to reset their phones to bone stock, do the jb and then reload the data thru a sync with itunes and/or download of stuff from cydia. The random springboard issue is one i couldnt find much helpful about. :/

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
So thats its here in this thread, i may have found a solution to the music not playing after the jailbreak issue. This at least worked for me this evening.

I had my music stored on the disc on my phone. I havent used the itunes match at any point. I had done a sync to my phone and had the songs and media on the phone prior to my jailbreak. It worked fine prior to the jb(while phone was bone stock). After the jb, the music library was there but wouldnt play. So before going off the deep end and starting over, i tried updating itunes to the latest 10.5.3 version. I then synced my phone again but did NOT sync the music. After that sync was complete, i did another sync with itunes but this time has the music sync and be placed on my phone. This re-sync to remove and then reinstall the music on the phone post jb fixed the issue-at least in my case.
So it may just be a case of removing songs and for some people, videos . . .. .and then putting the media back on the device.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
So thats its here in this thread, i may have found a solution to the music not playing after the jailbreak issue. This at least worked for me this evening.

I had my music stored on the disc on my phone. I havent used the itunes match at any point. I had done a sync to my phone and had the songs and media on the phone prior to my jailbreak. It worked fine prior to the jb(while phone was bone stock). After the jb, the music library was there but wouldnt play. So before going off the deep end and starting over, i tried updating itunes to the latest 10.5.3 version. I then synced my phone again but did NOT sync the music. After that sync was complete, i did another sync with itunes but this time has the music sync and be placed on my phone. This re-sync to remove and then reinstall the music on the phone post jb fixed the issue-at least in my case.
So it may just be a case of removing songs and for some people, videos . . .. .and then putting the media back on the device.

Yep re-syncing photo and video fixes it. Glad you got it straightened out. :)

nolhayes

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I had just received a new ip4s phone, so my jb was from basically a bone stock phone. I set it up as a new phone and then did the jb with absinthe and then just did a normal sync with itunes to get my apps and data on my phone.

Ive heard/read that some that are still having the white out problem have had to reset their phones to bone stock, do the jb and then reload the data thru a sync with itunes and/or download of stuff from cydia. The random springboard issue is one i couldnt find much helpful about. :/

So I wonder if I put a backup on top of a jailbroken 4s would I still keep my jailbreak. I tried this last night but it didn't work even tho the absinthe icon was there and not cydia prior to restoring the backup after the restore was complete any trace of the jb was gone.

nolhayes

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
update

I'm jailbroken.
I backed up then restored to factory using iTunes.
ran absinthe.
activated wifi when it was time to hit the greenpoison icon.
phone rebooted cydia was there.
restored from backup all data is back.
cydia works. Never had to do vpn toggle.

The other thread is more helpful. The how to jailbreak 4s thread.

Reactions: DannyMichel

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
update

I'm jailbroken.
I backed up then restored to factory using iTunes.
ran absinthe.
activated wifi when it was time to hit the greenpoison icon.
phone rebooted cydia was there.
restored from backup all data is back.
cydia works. Never had to do vpn toggle.

The other thread is more helpful. The how to jailbreak 4s thread.

Yup, where were you when I needed you a couple days ago. I figured the process was something like that if I didn't want to lose anything. Whatever – I'll do it for next time, if anything

nolhayes

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Yup, where were you when I needed you a couple days ago. I figured the process was something like that if I didn't want to lose anything. Whatever – I'll do it for next time, if anything

yeah that was a major concern of mine also. Losing calendar and phone numbers. But all is right in the world now. I found the steps in the other forum and decided to try again.

bthomasltd

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Now if your problem is in relation to a total app icon white out, there are some things to try that involve the latest version of the absinthe jailbreak. I think its version 0.2 that addresses the white out icon deal amongst a few other issues that seem to crop up.

So what are the fixes for the white Icon issue? Thankfully, I only have the mail app that is white b/c its Aesthetically displeasing when I look at the radiant iPhone screen and see a white blob. Can you point me to the fixes you are referring to?

Last edited:

nolhayes

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
So what are the fixes for the white Icon issue? Thankfully, I only have the mail app that is white b/c its Aesthetically displeasing when I look at the radiant iPhone screen and see a white blob. Can you point me to the fixes you are referring to?
respring fixes.

shouldn't happen often though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods