Zephyr

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken this program has been around since the dawn of jailbreaking... IT'S CALLED ACTIVATOR!!!! Shut up already chpwn....

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
You're talking about the multitasking tweaks that gives you iPad multitasking gestures on your iPhone right?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If that's what you want to call it....
But seriously, it's pretty lame. And it doesn't do anything new... Its just different animations...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I do hear what you're saying but it does go beyond what Activator does in terms of app-switching. Could be a godsend for anyone with a dodgy home button, or someone who does a lot of copy/pasting between apps.

It doesn't do a lot, but even small tweaks have their place.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I do hear what you're saying but it does go beyond what Activator does in terms of app-switching. Could be a godsend for anyone with a dodgy home button, or someone who does a lot of copy/pasting between apps.

It doesn't do a lot, but even small tweaks have their place.

I got chpwn on twitter and between this and spire he is VERY proud of himself...
And his update to zephyr where you can close an app by swiping up... That's nothing new... But grant Paul acts like its the first time EVER that you could close an app with a gesture...
If he makes a custom dialer is he going to claim that he has revolutionized the iPhone and made it so you can call people from it ???
You don't see the creators of sprongtomize claiming all sorts of innovation...
Zephyr is nothing new and he should stop acting like its innovative... At BEST it's graphical, at worst it's plagiarism

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't use it, but to me the biggest feature is in the app switching (not the stuff you've mentioned)--so if you're in an app, you no longer need to go to the multitasking tray; you can just swipe left or right to go from app to app (kind of like the IntelliScreenX setup).

Sure it's not reinventing the wheel, but a lot of developers are proud of their apps. Not sure why you seem so upset about this one in particular. I have him on Twitter too, and most of the Zephyr related tweets I've seen are just him responding to questions from users.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
How many apps does anyone ever have open at once? Say im
Listening to music, every time i change apps i have to go through the music app too And if I'm in mail and want to hop back to ifile, I swipe left, unless I opened ifile two apps ago, then it's two swipes... And if I'm trying to delete a file in ifile and I swipe the bar, instead of getting delete key I go to another app...
Honestly I don't know why I hate it with the fury that I do... I just do.
I would bet that it is probably because of spire!

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
People talk up things they create. Even if they aren't innovative or as innovate as they think. Its just how people work.
You can make it so it's two fingers to swipe to a new app. I had the same problem with scramble with friends. Try to create a word and end up switching my app.
Honestly though unless you actually manage your multitasking bar I think it's pointless. I'd rather use multiflow where I can see everything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox