Custom slider/lockscreen question

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know of a lockscreen or slider that allows you to put a (relatively large) picture (of your choosing) it the middle of your lockscreen, and pull the picture down to unlock?

Thanks in advance.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well you can just put any picture you want as your lockscreen background, then use activator and assign drag down from statusbar to "dismiss lockscreen"

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Have you considered Move2Unlock? It's not exactly what you describe but it's probably the closest I've seen. You might be able to get closer if you have any coding skills...

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you considered Move2Unlock? It's not exactly what you describe but it's probably the closest I've seen. You might be able to get closer if you have any coding skills...

Click to view quoted video

yeah... I have move2unlock, but I was disappointed by it...

Don't really have any coding skills, but I'll see if I can find a similar app/tweak and modify it... Keep ya'll posted.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I can't remember which tweak lets you insert your own image.
I'm thinking slider enhanced, but i can't remember.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
eh yeah the thing is I don't want to move the entire lockscreen, just a part of it. For example, imagine this lockscreen, but you have a custom image on the screen in place of the grey slider:

http://www.techzek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/rosie7-lock-screen2.jpg

Replacing the slider isn't that difficult--thousands of themes do that--it's the "pull down to unlock" part that would be harder. If you don't mind keeping the horizontal slide to unlock motion, you can simply replace the bottombarknob images with a photo. There may be some issues depending on the size (make sure you have a backup way to unlock your phone while you're trying new images) but nothing insurmountable.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Replacing the slider isn't that difficult--thousands of themes do that--it's the "pull down to unlock" part that would be harder. If you don't mind keeping the horizontal slide to unlock motion, you can simply replace the bottombarknob images with a photo. There may be some issues depending on the size (make sure you have a backup way to unlock your phone while you're trying new images) but nothing insurmountable.

Is there anyway that I could leave the slider where it is, but put in an image in its place that is the same height, but takes up the entire width of the phone? And then, when I "slide to unlock" I drag the left side of the image towards the right, and the right side of the image disappears from the screen?

Does that make sense? Is it doable?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You could try, but I think that's basically how a Tap To Unlock theme is made?the slider is made big enough to cover the entire tray. In that case I'm not sure you'd be able to get it to slide anymore.

Macthemes would be a good place to ask people about this idea?there's a huge amount of knowledge over there.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Macthemes would be a good place to ask people about this idea?there's a huge amount of knowledge over there.

I'd love to, but everytime I try to register and sign up, it says that the forum isn't taking any new members... This every happen to you?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to, but everytime I try to register and sign up, it says that the forum isn't taking any new members... This every happen to you?

That's too bad, I didn't realize they had closed registrations. Unfortunately they don't seem to give members a way to invite new people either, so I guess it's just a question of waiting for registration to be open again. Sorry about that.

(Can you at least view the forums? Or does not being registered mean you can't use them at all?)

Last edited:

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
That's too bad, I didn't realize they had closed registrations. Unfortunately they don't seem to give members a way to invite new people either, so I guess it's just a question of waiting for registration to be open again. Sorry about that.

(Can you at least view the forums? Or does not being registered mean you can't use them at all?)

I can view them, but can't respond, ask questions, etc. Are you a member? Are you sure there's no way to invite someone? Registrations have been closed since I first JB'd my 3GS (maybe 12-18 months ago?). Maybe I'm just missing something? Has anyone else been able to register in this time?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I am a member there but they don't offer an invite system...unfortunately, there seems to be a pretty sluggish support system over there; the News page hasn't been updated since 2009, for example. I'll see if I can get a response about an ETA on registrations opening again.