So I have this theme (fiftyfootshadow) and just want to use 4 of the app icons, none of the folder symbols, none of transitions, none of the sliders, none of the other icons, just icons for music, settings, SMS, and phone.

When I check the theme in winterboard, the settings, SMS, and phone icons change (along with other, but not all app icons). My music app icon does not change.

What's the easiest way to enact JUST the four icons I want? Why isn't my music icon working?

I've attached screenshots from ifile so you all can see how things are labeled.

Attachment 13428

Attachment 13427.

Thanks for the help!!!
    01-26-2012 09:11 AM
    You need to make your own theme basicallyyou could start by taking this theme and deleting all the parts you DON'T want themed.

(I'd keep a copy of the original setup just in case.)
    01-26-2012 09:24 AM
    You need to make your own theme basicallyyou could start by taking this theme and deleting all the parts you DON'T want themed.

(I'd keep a copy of the original setup just in case.)
    How do I fix the problem of not getting the music icon to show up?
    01-26-2012 09:30 AM
    It might need renamed for ios5. The bundle is com.apple.mobileipod and the icons should be named icon-AudioPlayer@2x.png, icon-MediaPlayer@2x.png and icon@2x.com. Make sure to delete the icon cache in private/var/mobile/caches then respring.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    01-26-2012 09:50 AM
    It might need renamed for ios5. The bundle is com.apple.mobileipod and the icons should be named icon-AudioPlayer@2x.png, icon-MediaPlayer@2x.png and icon@2x.com. Make sure to delete the icon cache in private/var/mobile/caches then
    Thanks for the help, but I still got problems. I changed the folder, as shown here:
    Attachment 13429

There were only 2 icons to start with in that folder, but I changed there names, as shown here:
    Attachment 13430

And I have no cache, as shown here:
    Attachment 13431

Still got the standard iPod symbol, what do I need to change? Thanks for the help so far though.
    01-26-2012 10:13 AM
    When you say you still get the standard iPod symbol, which one are we talking about? Because on iOS 5 you should have one for music and one for videos now, unless you're using a Unified iPod tweak. Is it just one? Both? Or something else?

(I'll defer to laelipoo, who seems to have more theming experience than me, but I think you'll find this thread at macthemes very useful: MacThemes Forum / iOS 5 New, Changed and Relocated Images (Ask here!) )
    Last edited by Massie; 01-26-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    01-26-2012 10:24 AM
    When you say you still get the standard iPod symbol, which one are we talking about? Because on iOS 5 you should have one for music and one for videos now, unless you're using a Unified iPod tweak. Is it just one? Both? Or something else?

(I'll defer to laelipoo, who seems to have more theming experience than me, but I think you'll find this thread at macthemes very useful: MacThemes Forum / iOS 5 New, Changed and Relocated Images (Ask here!) )
    I'm speaking of the stock music symbol. Just to clarify, I am NOT using a unified iPod tweak, or anything like that.
    01-26-2012 10:29 AM
    all this is NOTHING like making a theme for a Blackberry! Ha! I'm so confused by all this it makes my head spin!
    01-26-2012 03:15 PM
    Thanks for the help, but I still got problems. I changed the folder, as shown here:
    Attachment 13429

There were only 2 icons to start with in that folder, but I changed there names, as shown here:
    Attachment 13430

And I have no cache, as shown here:
    Attachment 13431

Still got the standard iPod symbol, what do I need to change? Thanks for the help so far though.
    Your pictures don't show up in Tapatalk, so I cannot see them.

That being said, you can duplicate the same icon and rename it to get the right stuff. Again, I cannot see your pics so I cannot see what you did.

If you're having issues finding the right cache file, you can use iWipeCache to do it for you.

EDIT: I got it up in the mobile browser to see your pics. Make sure that your bundles is in a xxxx.theme folder. Try unchecking it in Winterboard then respringing, then checking it again.

Definitely duplicate one of the icons and naming it icon@2x.png. The caches folder is under private./var/mobile/library, my apologies.
    Last edited by laelipoo; 01-26-2012 at 04:45 PM.
    01-26-2012 04:37 PM
    FIXED IT!

Instead of naming the two files icon-AudioPlayer@2x.png, icon-MediaPlayer@2x.png, I named them icon.png and icon@2x.png (like the other icons) and it worked.
    01-26-2012 05:52 PM
    The themes account for unified and non, which is why all three are good to use, though you can vary for your retina or non/iPod or not needs.

I'm glad you got it worked out.

01-26-2012 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD