I was downloading some app from cydia and the app store with a buddy since I'm bored, go through my screens and see some random white apps I've never seen before. Anyone know what they are for? Also got a random message+ icon that does nothing when I click it.

01-25-2012 06:14 PM
    I've had this happen numerous times.. I dunno why, but its def a bug. Respring fixes it though temporarily.
    01-25-2012 06:30 PM
    just curious, do you have IntelliScreenX or Messages+ (standalone) installed?
    01-25-2012 06:35 PM
    I get this sometimes as well. Usually when I download a new font, but it happened a little bit ago when I was trying to download a "tap to unlock" theme and Cydia kept hanging up. then I saw all these icons...

I rebooted and they went away...
    01-25-2012 06:51 PM
    i had this problem yesterday but then i googled it and this is what fixed it for me

1. Show SBSettings Icon on Springboard
    2. Show Activator Icon on Springboard.

For SBSettings: Swipe Top Status Bar - More - Show Icon

For Activator: Settings - Activator - Show on Sprigboard
    01-25-2012 06:54 PM
    Those are the hidden system applications of iOS.

Setup - the welcome to iPhone screen you get when you set up a new iPhone
    FieldTest - accessible through the phone app, it displays information about the cell towers
    iOS Diagnostics - Used by Apple store employees to gather information about your iPhone, usually at the genius bar
    AdSheet - I am unaware, most likely to do with iAds.

They are normal apps on all iPhones, they are just usually hidden. Cydia installs applications into the same place system apps are stored, so I believe they just happen to show up.

Just respring and they should go away.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Rockdog97 likes this.
    01-25-2012 07:37 PM
    I have same issue... Also I have sbsettings icon and activator icon on my springboard, so that fix does not work...
    01-26-2012 12:17 AM
    I was downloading some app from cydia and the app store with a buddy since I'm bored, go through my screens and see some random white apps I've never seen before. Anyone know what they are for? Also got a random message+ icon that does nothing when I click it.

Click to view quoted image
    Just disable messages+ in intelliscreenx Quick sms option and set Apples sms as default!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    01-26-2012 12:23 AM
    If you not running messages + )))

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    01-26-2012 12:24 AM
    just curious, do you have IntelliScreenX or Messages+ (standalone) installed?
    Intelliscreenx only.

Alright thanks guys for clearing that up.
    01-26-2012 01:08 AM
    Glad I'm not going crazy. Mine has been doing that also.
    01-26-2012 06:55 AM
    Inpulse theme is much better then intelliscreen (no bugs) and has a nicer drop down notification center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-27-2012 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD