iPhone 4s Restore (after Absinthe Jailbreak) to stock - error 1602

thestud54

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any troubles trying to restore to stock iOS 5.0.1 on their iPhone 4s after jailbreaking. I have downloaded the IPSW file direct but keep getting stuck on "Verify Restore With Apple" which is eventually timing out to a 1602 error. Very frustrating as all I want to do is be back to stock firmware.

Any help out there? I havent seen any other threads or helpful google links to solve this. Thanks in advance.

jordic

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Exactly same problem..
I have 5.0.1 - 9A405 and I have applied Absinthe JB.
Because of the after uninstalling an application named biteSMS, problem occured. While booting, loading swirl pop up and spin infinite.

I tried to restore my iPhone. But it gives errors below :
in DFU Mode - iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1602).
in Recovery Mode - iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (21).

I have tried both 9A405_Restore.ipsw & 9A406_Restore.ipsw

Last edited:

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I tried to restore to unjailbreak... but it didn't work.

If you're willing... connect to itunes, hold Power and Home until the Apple appears... then release the Power key and hold home until iTunes tells you that the phone is in recovery mode and must be restored. Then reload your firmware.

This will reset everything.... FYI. But, I was able to restore almost everything from the cloud and itunes.

jordic

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I have already restore my iPhone to my computer but when i try to return back from my pc, it is not working.

Now i have a dead iPhone 4s :(

jordic

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
My problem is solved. It is about TinyUnbrella Application.
It changes my hosts file on my computer.
Thats the reason why iTunes can not complete verify process.

So changing the Hosts file (for win : C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts) to the original one will solve my problem.

Reactions: oqmalik

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i just had to restore...

i was working on a theme and deleted the wrong cache files... all my apps disappeared. could not seem to get them back. so, i clicked restore, had it restore from icloud (which was a few more days old) - and now i am re-jailbreaking.

No issues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR