I need to know where the "Read Me" file in a main theme folder be located?? theme directions do not state where this is, just to read it.. wish these things were more descriptive..there are newbies out there I need to be able to change weather on the A 1derderful HD theme.. any help would be appreciated...
    01-24-2012 07:36 PM
    If they are in there, they're hard to miss...open the first folder and look for a readme.txt file, if you don't see it open another one, and so on. It's easier if you're doing it on a computer instead of your phone, if that helps. But it's a file of its own, it won't be buried in the middle of a bunch of code.

But before you go too crazy, make sure the you're using your home city in the native Weather app (and if you use multiple cities, make sure your home city is the first entry, not Cupertino or whatever else might be in there). Many themes simply pull weather info directly from the native app. So set that up and respring to see if that helps...
    01-24-2012 08:05 PM
    Thanks. I finally found it. Put my zip in but it's the same zip as a location in the UK instead of us. Ugh.
    01-24-2012 08:22 PM
    Ok. I got it working. Thanks for the help. This jail breaking stuff is alot to learn
    01-24-2012 09:27 PM
    It does have a bit of a learning curve, but I think you'll find that once you learn a few things (like the weather thing) you can apply them to a bunch of different themes--most of them are built in very similar ways. Eventually, you'll be flying through all your installs!
    01-24-2012 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD