so i used the CLI method to jailbreak my 4S on saturday. everything went well and cydia was installed and my phone was jailbroken even though the cli/cmd never really looked like it finished the jailbreak. i was able to use everything perfectly fine except all my photos were gone. i do have a backup from right before i attempted the jailbreak. however, every time i try to restore as new in itunes it comes up with an error saying it can't restore my phone or it goes into the apple icon/usb cable screen and doesn't do anything when connected to my computer. the only way i can get out of that is by using tinyumbrella and forcing it to quit the restore or whatever. i've also tried to erase all settings and restore as new through the general settings restore option on the phone itself but it goes into the infinite wheel of death boot loop. i left that going for almost an hour and nothing happened. the only way i can get out of that is by holding the power and home buttons to reset it. it reboots and the jailbreak is back up. anyone have any ideas on what i should try and do next?

TLDR: jailbroke 4s, lost photos, have backup but can't restore as new in itunes or by resetting in the phone. any ideas what i should try?
    01-23-2012 04:06 PM
    so i used the CLI method to jailbreak my 4S on saturday. everything went well and cydia was installed and my phone was jailbroken even though the cli/cmd never really looked like it finished the jailbreak. i was able to use everything perfectly fine except all my photos were gone. i do have a backup from right before i attempted the jailbreak. however, every time i try to restore as new in itunes it comes up with an error saying it can't restore my phone or it goes into the apple icon/usb cable screen and doesn't do anything when connected to my computer. the only way i can get out of that is by using tinyumbrella and forcing it to quit the restore or whatever. i've also tried to erase all settings and restore as new through the general settings restore option on the phone itself but it goes into the infinite wheel of death boot loop. i left that going for almost an hour and nothing happened. the only way i can get out of that is by holding the power and home buttons to reset it. it reboots and the jailbreak is back up. anyone have any ideas on what i should try and do next?

TLDR: jailbroke 4s, lost photos, have backup but can't restore as new in itunes or by resetting in the phone. any ideas what i should try?
    Perhaps putting your iPhone in DFU mode and then restoring clean and re-jailbreaking would work. I'd recommend using the Windows version of absinthe this time. You can grab it from our downloads page:

http://www.imore.com/downloads

If you need help putting your device in DFU mode, here is our guide:

http://www.imore.com/2010/12/02/tip-...ipad-dfu-mode/
    01-23-2012 04:40 PM
    thanks for the tips. will give it a try when i get home from work.
    01-23-2012 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD