Htc flip clock

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I put my homescreen up the other day, I have had a ton of DM's from people who are wondering how to do it. I figured it would be easier if I did a little write up on how to do it. Just so you know, I am not the creator of the app, I just found it about a year ago, and fell in love with it.

286050c6.jpg

There are a few things you need to make this work.

- You need an app that lets you have blank spaces on your home screen. I use Gridlock for this
- You need an app that lets you change the location. I use iFile for this
- You need the PerPageHTML app
- You need the HTC Weather Animated app

Once you have all of those apps, you need to make the first 3 rows on your homescreen blank.
Then you need to go into the PerPageHTML app,

7c17197d.jpg

59045e73.jpg

6fb9ec20.jpg

select HTCAniPPH and choose page 1. That will put the app by itself on the first page.
The next thing you need to do, is change the location. I use iFile for this. You go to var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML/HTCAniPPH then select configureMe.js

ceb78689.jpg

Once in configureMe.js you need to edit your location Where it says Var locale = Here you need to either put in your weather code CADXXXXX that you can get from weather.com by searching your city and it will be the last on the browsers navigation bar. Or you can use your zip code (at least here in the US you can)
At this point you can change other things as well such as celsius or RealFeel updateInterval (I change mine from 180 mins to 15) You can also have animated weather it is on the bottom of the page Var showWeatherAni = false just change that to true.

This should be everything you need to know to setup the HTC FLIP CLOCK the right way. If I missed something, or you get stuck and don't know what to do,just send me a DM, and I try to help the best I can.

Last edited:

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
By the way. Dumb question, but after reading this I now am wondering how do you then get the flip clock w/ weather on your home screen? Is it a special icon or in settings somewhere??

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
By the way. Dumb question, but after reading this I now am wondering how do you then get the flip clock w/ weather on your home screen? Is it a special icon or in settings somewhere??

You go into the PerPageHTML app, and you will see a notepad screen that has "none","analog clock","Calendar", and "HTCaniPPH". Select HTCaniPPH, and then select page 1 (If you want it on your main screen). It will automatically place it in the depicted place.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
just curious, is there a way for me to make it so that it updates the weather based on my current location?:confused:

No the program isn't written to follow your location. It's set to a specific place. It's not 100% perfect, but I've been using it for almost a year, and like it still.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi, this was a great tutorial. Thank you so much. I do have one question though: How can the time be adjusted to only show one digit in the 'hours' field? Eg: the clock shows '02:15' instead of '2:15'. Can this be changed? I looked though the config files but couldn't find it. Thanks for your help.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi, this was a great tutorial. Thank you so much. I do have one question though: How can the time be adjusted to only show one digit in the 'hours' field? Eg: the clock shows '02:15' instead of '2:15'. Can this be changed? I looked though the config files but couldn't find it. Thanks for your help.

As far as a I know there is no way to change it. You could probably contact the developer and ask them though. I actually never realized that there was a 0 before all the single digit #'s. show how much I pay attention to things.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro