So I'm trying to get as much functionallity out of as few apps/tweaks as possible. When using my JB'd 3gs, I found that the fewer tweaks I had the less likely my springboard was to crash. Now that my 4s is JB'd, I'm trying to install apps a bit more strategically, rather than just download any app that seems cool.

So, I have activator, IntelliscreenX, and winterboard so far, and I intend to add springtomize 2 too. I realize that lot of these apps can do a lot, so I'm curious if any of these apps do any of the following:

-Hide app icons from the springboard
    -Let me put more than 12 icons in a folder
    -Let me close all apps running in the background at once
    -Let me list my favorite contacts in the notification center
    -Make the notification center viewable from the lockscreen
    -Change the name of the service provider (ie, take down AT&T and put up HOKIES)

I realize that there individual tweaks for each of these functions, but, as previously mentioned, I'd like to use as few tweaks as possible to do the most things.

TIA
    Last edited by rosenstar; 01-24-2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: I had more questions!
    01-23-2012 12:25 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, most of your request is covered with those 3 apps. Be sure to add SBSettings too, which has a lot of that functionality as well.

I think the only request not covered by those 4 is the carrier name swap.
    Last edited by shystechris; 01-25-2012 at 07:51 PM.
    01-25-2012 07:49 PM
    actually, you can change the carrier name in SBSettings as well
    Rockdog97 likes this.
    01-25-2012 07:59 PM
    I don't think you'll even need Winterboard to do any of that if you use SBS as stated above for the carrier. Winterboard doesn't really do anything on its own; you just use it to apply different themes.

The one thing that still stands out to me is the Close All Apps function (and maybe the folder thing). Not sure if Springtomize handles those or not. To be honest, I'd take a look at Springtomize before using it...I thought for sure that I'd install it, but it has had some reports of conflicts with other apps, and it really does far more than what I need--I ended up with a few smaller apps that do only what I want instead of one bigger app that I don't fully utilize, and I haven't had any bugs so far. If you're heavy into theming your Springboard you might want it though; for me it seemed less about tweaks for functionality and more about tweaks for cosmetics.

Have fun!
    01-25-2012 08:14 PM
    I don't think you'll even need Winterboard to do any of that if you use SBS as stated above for the carrier. Winterboard doesn't really do anything on its own; you just use it to apply different themes.

The one thing that still stands out to me is the Close All Apps function (and maybe the folder thing). Not sure if Springtomize handles those or not. To be honest, I'd take a look at Springtomize before using it...I thought for sure that I'd install it, but it has had some reports of conflicts with other apps, and it really does far more than what I need--I ended up with a few smaller apps that do only what I want instead of one bigger app that I don't fully utilize, and I haven't had any bugs so far. If you're heavy into theming your Springboard you might want it though; for me it seemed less about tweaks for functionality and more about tweaks for cosmetics.

Have fun!
    I've download springtomize and love it. My only complaint is the carrier doesn't stay changed, sometimes it flickers between my desired word, and the actual carrier.
    01-26-2012 08:21 AM
    Sounds like the only apps you are missing are sbsettings and folderenhacer, which is a great app, i have it installed on my phone.
    01-26-2012 11:57 AM
    Sounds like the only apps you are missing are sbsettings and folderenhacer, which is a great app, i have it installed on my phone.
    I got folderenhancer, I was holding off to see if Springtomize could do the same function, but it can't. What does SBSettings do that can't be done in ISX?

And for anyone interested, here's a list of EVERYTHING springtomize does:
    Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - [Giveaway] Springtomize 2 for iOS 5 is Officially Live In Cydia!
    01-26-2012 12:06 PM
    What does SBSettings do that can't be done in ISX?
    ISX's quicksettings is more like a lite version of SBSettings. where as SBSettings is more intimate with your device and a crapload more settings, options and toggles

however, the cool thing is you can integrate the SBSettings toggles into the ISX quicksettings

look here>: ModMyi.com | K2 IntelliscreenX QuickSettings

and here>: K2IntelliscreenX - K2 SBSettings - Notification Center Theme for iPhone - SBSettings Theme - IntelliscreenX QuickSettings Toggles Theme

you will still use SBSettings for other things so i just typically hide the icon and access via spotlight
    01-26-2012 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD