I have really missed having my iphone jailbroken, I started with the 3GS and i loved it
    but somehow after jailbreaking my iPhone 4S the only app i missed from cydia was SBSettings and it did not feel right anymore, I still have unlimited data but don't really want to get MyWI 5 or any of the other tethering apps

So i decided to go back to stock iphone
    01-23-2012 09:55 AM
    jailbreaking made all my text messages disappear, I can send any text messages, phone (dialer icon) has disappeared and my wallpaper is stuck as unrelenting black. So... I'm in the process of restoring. Will probably jailbreak again tho just because of the fact that I love love love being able to change the font on the phone. At this point that's like the main thing I want/like about jailbreaking.
    01-23-2012 10:39 AM
    I'm back to stock. Last jailbreak lasted 12 hours. Whatever app I had killed the radio. Couldn't get it working again so I restored.
    01-23-2012 10:41 AM
    If I can't get this music issue solved I'll be back to stock tonight.
    01-23-2012 10:47 AM
    Mine is jailbroken but I'll probably go back to stock because my video won't play.
    01-23-2012 10:55 AM
    i must say i did jailbreak. But i am sick of screwing with phones after all my androids. So i took it back stock b/c the only real benefit for me was free apps. I figure if i cant afford it I dont need it so i took it back to stock. The phone works so well unjailbroken that i dont need to lol. there were always reasons with android to make something work better but really no need. Again this is just for me not everyone obviously. I jailbroke then my screen did the small screen in the corner issue. So i restored then rejailbroke, played for a few hours, then took ti back to stock.
    01-23-2012 11:22 AM
    havent gone back to stock just yet, but if i cant find an answer to getting my onboard itunes synced music to play thru the music app, i'll restore and just roll with it stock i guess. Sad, since there has been so much work put into the jailbreak and then having to give it up for some heavily used but stock functions.
    so if anyone has a solution as to why the music i have on the phone wont play, id love to hear about it.
    thanks
    tom
    01-23-2012 05:04 PM
    I just went back to stock, because everything that I REALLY use was on stock and there was nothing that I did jailbroken that I really took advantage of or that I potentially really needed. Also there were issues that came about being jailbroken that I was not fond of. The functionality of stock is MORE than enough for me.
    01-23-2012 05:06 PM
    I just went back to stock cause after using 5.1b3 with 6+ hours of usage I got about 3.5 hours on 5.0.1 jailbreak and it's just not worth it. Maybe if they jailbreak 5.1 I'll redo it.
    01-23-2012 05:22 PM
    Back to stock. Which is a shame. I really like having a jailbreak. But there was a battery issue. And I had
    a really, really bad radio issue where my signal just dropped out way too much in low coverage areas. It
    was very noticeable. Places where I get signal.
    01-24-2012 04:47 PM
    i also noticed that imessage will only work when in a wifi area.
    01-24-2012 06:41 PM
    I'll be going back to stock too. The battery life has plummeted and my iTunes match music stopped working. All play music all day long at my desk, really rely on that lol.

Posted from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-24-2012 07:57 PM
    Ok, I have an iPhone 4S on 5.0.1 9A406 build and I jailbroken 40 minutes after Absinthe was released on my Mac.

1)videos are working fine
    2)iMessages works on 3G and on wifi
    3)I downloaded a tweak on Cydia called Battery Fix iOS5 and it has helped greatly.

I am wondering what happened to your jailbroken A5 devices where everyone on this thread has had awful experiences.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    01-24-2012 08:30 PM
    Ok, I have an iPhone 4S on 5.0.1 9A406 build and I jailbroken 40 minutes after Absinthe was released on my Mac.

1)videos are working fine
    2)iMessages works on 3G and on wifi
    3)I downloaded a tweak on Cydia called Battery Fix iOS5 and it has helped greatly.

I am wondering what happened to your jailbroken A5 devices where everyone on this thread has had awful experiences.

Did the Cydia battery fix just come out?
    01-24-2012 09:02 PM
    You never know what you really have till it's gone. stock just performs so darn well
    01-24-2012 09:06 PM
    im back to stock aswell.niether my facebook and music app open and i have couple blank icons.i problaby rejailbreak if the unlock feature comes out.
    01-25-2012 01:01 AM
    im back to stock aswell.niether my facebook and music app open and i have couple blank icons.i problaby rejailbreak if the unlock feature comes out.
    That's cosmetic issue. If you respring or reboot your iPhone the icons come back. When blank, the apps still work.

01-25-2012 06:36 AM
    I jailbroke again and am going to give it another try
    01-25-2012 06:36 PM
    I was jailbroken for about 6 hours found myself playing with my phone to much. One good thing I learned from it after I returned to stock I was able to try out iCloud. Works like a charm.
    01-25-2012 07:54 PM
    I also had missed my JB, mainly because of the minor tweaks, the themes, and the free apps of course. The only reason I am back to stock is because for whatever reason, my iPhone kept getting stuck in safe mode. I JB it and restored it twice. It would load up fine and then I would have to respring and itd go into safe mode until eventually no matter how many times I resprung it or rebooted it, it would load safe mode EVERY TIME so I went back to factory. Ill try again later and see if I can figure it out
    01-26-2012 12:13 PM
    That's cosmetic issue. If you respring or reboot your iPhone the icons come back. When blank, the apps still work.

My blank apps never came back after respring or reboot. I had to go back to stock and I think I will stick with that for a while.
    01-28-2012 03:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD