4s theme issue

MDBailey87

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
4s 5.0

Installed a theme through Cydia, applied in Winterboard, selected "User Wallpaper", moved it to the top of the list, and resprung. Wallpaper was still the one from the theme, did a little research and found out about "User Wallpaper 4.0" in Cydia. Installed that, applied in Winterboard, moved to top, and resprung... still didn't work! Any ideas?

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I get the same thing on certain themes as well.. seems like the default theme wallpaper can't be changed. Interestingly enough though, when you tap to open a folder, I'm seeing the wallpaper that I did select for my home screen, but once the folder is closed, it resorts back to the theme's default wallpaper.
I've tried to put the User Wallpaper at the top, but still nada!

This sucks cuz there are many cool themes that I've downloaded that do this and I dont like the generic/default theme wallpapers.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The way iOS uses wallpapers changed after one of the 4.x firmwares...if you want to change them on the fly now, look into using WallpaperJPEGifier. To use it with some themes you may also need to make a one-time change to your lockscreen html file, but it's pretty simple. I use it with all my themes and can use any wallpaper I want from my Photos.

It's in Cydia, but also look here for the new location of the wallpaper file (this is what you'll need to change for some themes): MacThemes Forum / [MS Tweak] Wallpaper JPEGifier (iOS 4.2.1+)

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
The way iOS uses wallpapers changed after one of the 4.x firmwares...if you want to change them on the fly now, look into using WallpaperJPEGifier. To use it with some themes you may also need to make a one-time change to your lockscreen html file, but it's pretty simple. I use it with all my themes and can use any wallpaper I want from my Photos.

It's in Cydia, but also look here for the new location of the wallpaper file (this is what you'll need to change for some themes): MacThemes Forum / [MS Tweak] Wallpaper JPEGifier (iOS 4.2.1+)

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into that link you provided...

Last edited:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I looked at that link and have no bleep'n idea what it's all about. i'm confused as heck. Will read more when i'm not so tired..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234