JB noobie question

Justin V

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Hey folks, I'm considering jailbreaking my 4s and have never JB an iPhone before. I've read a couple posts that said JB errors were encountered when devices had a password protection enabled. My question is this: I have a corporate Exchange email acct on the phone which requires password protecting the phone. Do I have to delete that email acct thus eliminating the password protection and then re-add the corporate exchange email acct after jail breaking?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
That is what I did yesterday when I jailbroke.

The only bizarre thing that I've noticed since is that I don't always have to enter the passcode when I turn on my iPhone. It's like it takes the 5 minute policy over the screen off for timing.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks, I'm considering jailbreaking my 4s and have never JB an iPhone before. I've read a couple posts that said JB errors were encountered when devices had a password protection enabled. My question is this: I have a corporate Exchange email acct on the phone which requires password protecting the phone. Do I have to delete that email acct thus eliminating the password protection and then re-add the corporate exchange email acct after jail breaking?

cant you just deactivate the password protection first, then JB then enable the password protection after you JB?

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
You can disable the password for the jailbreak and then re-enable it after the jailbreak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin V

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Thanks all. I've successfully JB for the 1st time! Now am in Cydia and it's downloading a bunch of "packages" & stuff which looks like the normal process . I am waiting to get Intelliscreen X installed and will be learning what else is available from there. Any recommended Cydia apps? I'm also in sales if that helps with the recommendations. Thanks!
Jail broken and running free!!!
:D

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Cydia is confusing to me. Why can't I find Intelliscreen X? I searched for it but don't see it in the results. Help

It's in the modmyi repo, which should have loaded automatically when you installed Cydia. If you don't have that under Manage>Sources, go to the Cydia home screen and see if it's listed under More Package Sources. (You may also see an ad there for IntelliScreenX. If so, try just clicking that.)

Let me know if you have more issues with it. (And this is probably obvious, but make sure you're spelling it correctly when you search.)

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Cydia is confusing to me. Why can't I find Intelliscreen X? I searched for it but don't see it in the results. Help

Go to the center tab (Changes), hit the Refresh, wait for Cydia to do its job and then go search for the tweak.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR