i know I'm missing out on a lot of cool JB stuff. I'm barely using any JB apps. used BiteSMS for a little bit but ended up removing it. I don't like theming. What else? I'm such a noob
    01-21-2012 05:24 PM
    You can do like this :

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    01-21-2012 07:10 PM
    Lockinfo or Intelliscreen x. Lockinfo is pretty much the only reason I jailbreak. Intelliscreen X is cool, but it didn't do what I needed it to so I use lockinfo. It's just a matter of preference.
    01-21-2012 07:10 PM
    Thanks
    Not really into changing the UI though
    With the last couple screenshots, I'm not really sure what I'm looking at

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.102810,-74.046486
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-21-2012 07:19 PM
    I've got a pretty good guide up here on jailbreaking basics which includes some apps and utilities you may want to start off with - I'm working on another one as we speak : )

http://www.imore.com/2010/11/09/jail...ls-terms-apps/
    iDonev likes this.
    01-21-2012 07:36 PM
    I've got a pretty good guide up here on jailbreaking basics which includes some apps and utilities you may want to start off with - I'm working on another one as we speak : )

http://www.imore.com/2010/11/09/jail...ls-terms-apps/
    thanks.
    Lockinfo or Intelliscreen x. Lockinfo is pretty much the only reason I jailbreak. Intelliscreen X is cool, but it didn't do what I needed it to so I use lockinfo. It's just a matter of preference.
    ill google it again, but isn't intelliscreen x a UI app?
    thanks - ill take a look at Lockinfo
    01-21-2012 07:47 PM
    Thanks
    Not really into changing the UI though
    With the last couple screenshots, I'm not really sure what I'm looking at
    Hmmm, then why even play around with jailbreaking? BiteSMS is a huge improvement over the native SMS app, LockInfo or IntelliscreenX makes your lockscreen actually useful, Barrel/fakecarrier/wraparound/gridlock/five icon dock/switcher/etc are awesome UI tweaks .. it's what jailbreaking is all about. I agree with you about themes -- I have never found one that I liked, but there is so much "cool" stuff in Cydia to explore...
    01-21-2012 08:50 PM
    i know I'm missing out on a lot of cool JB stuff. I'm barely using any JB apps. used BiteSMS for a little bit but ended up removing it. I don't like theming. What else? I'm such a noob
    im also all new to it. dabbled with rooting in android however, this is similar, yet SO different.

there is a thread where ppl are posting their homescreens, that is always most helpful to me. see what ppl do with the tweaks from cydia.

@imuggle, looking forward to another tweak list!
    01-21-2012 09:00 PM
    Intelliscreen x and lockinfo aren't ui apps per se, they just put functional information on your lockscreen instead of it just being blank wallpaper.
    01-21-2012 09:18 PM
    Have u tried irealsms instead of bitesms?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    01-22-2012 05:00 AM
    You can do like this :

How do you get your dock icons to look like that?
    01-22-2012 11:35 AM
    How do you get your dock icons to look like that?
    if you are referring to the coverflow look..search for Overflow in Cydia

not sure if that is what he is using but it does the same if not better
    01-22-2012 01:22 PM
    im also all new to it. dabbled with rooting in android however, this is similar, yet SO different.

there is a thread where ppl are posting their homescreens, that is always most helpful to me. see what ppl do with the tweaks from cydia.

@imuggle, looking forward to another tweak list!
    working on one
    neur0tk likes this.
    01-22-2012 01:31 PM
    thanks.

ill google it again, but isn't intelliscreen x a UI app?
    thanks - ill take a look at Lockinfo
    LI and ISX are very similar apps - ISX is an updated version of the original Intelliscreen application. LI has been updated for iOS 5 as well.

I'm working on a comparison between the 2 for later this week. I'll post up a link when it's live. The two do a lot of the same things but some things differently. It really comes down to preference. They are both two amazing applications but where one may falter the other may shine and vice versa, just depends which one does more of what YOU need.
    01-22-2012 01:34 PM
    I jailbreak just for a few tweaks and nothing more. I don't do themes and stuff like that.

I use:

- SB Settings
    - Pandora radio unlimited skip/no ads
    - Album Art (Let's the current playing song album art show up in the icon on the multi tasking dock)
    - Kill Backround (One touch to kill all apps in the dock)
    - Pull to refresh safari

Just a few lil things here and there...
    The Long Noodle and jcdaniels like this.
    01-22-2012 01:53 PM
    if you are referring to the coverflow look..search for Overflow in Cydia

not sure if that is what he is using but it does the same if not better
    Thanks. That looks like it will do the trick.
    01-22-2012 03:31 PM
    I jailbreak just for a few tweaks and nothing more. I don't do themes and stuff like that.

I use:

- SB Settings
    - Pandora radio unlimited skip/no ads
    - Album Art (Let's the current playing song album art show up in the icon on the multi tasking dock)
    - Kill Backround (One touch to kill all apps in the dock)
    - Pull to refresh safari

Just a few lil things here and there...
    That pandora one is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-23-2012 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD