Messages+ double notification sound

frozinwater

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else get the notification sound for a text message twice on an incoming text? I have tried everything to stop it, but to no avail. If anyone knows what is going on please inform me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife's stock 4S always does that if it's on vibrate and sound.
(Not a solution but worth checking.)

Also, you don't have another messaging app installed, do you? BiteSMS for instance?

frozinwater

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
No I have no other messaging app except the default one. But I do have vibrate and sound as my notification option. Disabling that would be the only option to stop it for now till an update I'd approve.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So you have the native messaging, and you have messages+...
So you get two sounds, one from native message, one from messages+... So turn off sounds and notifications for native messaging app

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
So you have the native messaging, and you have messages+...
So you get two sounds, one from native message, one from messages+... So turn off sounds and notifications for native messaging app

The settings don't work like that?it's just one setting for your SMS tone, and M+ uses that.

scionwest

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Have this exact same issue. I'm using IntelliScreenX which comes w/ Messages+ and I get double Tone sounds. Annoying!

Posted from my iPad using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Definitely something odd?I have no issues using M+. I do use a custom tone for my SMS sound if that makes a difference.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73