How to jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 on iOS 5.0 & 5.0.1 (Windows - CLI Method)

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
when you did a restore, did you restore from a back up or as a fresh? i dont want to lose all my data if i have to do a full restore from new.

I just restored as new, basically cuz I didn't want to wait for it to sync everything up. If you use icloud, anything backed up there, like contacts, should come down automatically. I wouldn't think that it would matter though.

6Footer_Mike

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorted ! Waiting on backup ofr an hour, killed the window, typed in command again...30 seconds later the backup completed, type in next command.....rebooted itself after few minutes.....now a proud owner of a Jailbroken 4S !!
:D

Ydennek.noj

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
How long does the "cinject -w" part take? Its been like 20 minutes and it keeps doing something with date and time settings...

I don't do the VPN thing until its fully runs its course, right?

Last edited:

hurdleman48

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Took awhile, but I got it

I found a modified version of the OP's steps
Jailbreak 5.0.1 Untethered iPad 2 And iPhone 4S With Windows Absinthe CLI [How-To Guide]

Basically the other site has you wait until after the "-w" step until you mess with installing the profile or any VPN items.

After the "-w" step I installed, didn't use a password, and turned on the VPN. Worked like a charm after that

Sorry if I am not allowed to link to another site that may be a rival, I just wanted to help the other users

Last edited:

ewarhol

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
So for those of us that the iPhone 4S is our first iPhone, now that we are jailbroken, how do we go about finding/getting tetherme, mywi, etc. ?

Also for those that have those programs what are your thoughts on the tethering programs and how do they compare?

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I think I have figured out why we are having problems and how to solve it. It worked for me anyways.

After the back up is completed, see if you're getting a FATAL error. If so, restore your device as new or erase all content from your device and start the process over.

After doing that, it worked perfectly. I have Cydia and just have to do a restore to get my information back.

Hope this helps!

eprisencc

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
The best way to do this is to do a reset first erasing all content and data. Follow the steps to jailbreak and once jailbroken do another reset but this time only select reset all setttings. Once the phone comes back restore from back up using icloud. Now you will have all your data back but still be jailbroken.

Reactions: The Long Noodle

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
the best way to do this is to do a reset first erasing all content and data. Follow the steps to jailbreak and once jailbroken do another reset but this time only select reset all setttings. Once the phone comes back restore from back up using icloud. Now you will have all your data back but still be jailbroken.

^^^this^^^

iambyron

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
If people are struggling to get this jailbreak working, i just seen a tweet that the guy making the windows version said that a few hours max for it to be released

so if all else fails with the cli method then just have to wait a few more.

Ziltoid

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Can someone write the whole process down step by step? Ive tried everything so far with the instructions from this site and the other someone posted and I cant jailbreak it. I too have the problem after VPN ... phone doesnt reboot. Very frustrating. I must be missing a step or something, i dont know.

iambyron

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Can someone write the whole process down step by step? Ive tried everything so far with the instructions from this site and the other someone posted and I cant jailbreak it. I too have the problem after VPN ... phone doesnt reboot. Very frustrating. I must be missing a step or something, i dont know.

a few people have said in this thread that they restored their device and did the steps in the ops post and it worked.

dougb5275

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
cinject -j payloads Fatal error

cimject_0.4.3 -j payloads I get the following:

Creating backup...
5210 files backed up
Adding custom com.apply.ipsec.plist to backup
Restoring...
recv: Bad file descriptor
FATAL(_LINE_): Assertion failed <1266>: got == sizeof<size>

Please advise.:confused: