tweak that clears badges from the NC?

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I suggest clearlocknotifications, that may be what you are looking for, but havent tried it myself though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Well actually that only lets you clear them from the lock screen, hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
If anyone is looking for this, try Ipsum. It's a free tweak that lets you dismiss alerts from the lockscreen, AND gives you the option to clear the alert from the NC, AND gives you the option to clear the icon badge.

Thank you sir! gonna give this a try and report back later. are you using it?

i would imagine not since i believe you are using Popup Blocker and ISX..?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I installed it because I'm not totally happy with the Popup Blocker functionality and Ashman shows no signs of updating it any time soon. So far Ipsum seems like a better fit for me. The way things were I felt like I was having to clear notifications too many times because something wasn't getting cleared, be it a statusbar icon, or a badge, or something in NC. So I'm going to give this a go.*

At this point I'm pretty happy with my setup, so if it isn't perfect I think I can live with it.

*For now, I'm keeping Popup Blocker as well--basically, if I want to totally dismiss something I'll use the Ipsum gesture, which will wipe the alert, the badge, and the NC entry. If I just want the popup to go away I can still use the Home button to dismiss it via Popup Blocker, which will leave it in the NC for later. Best of both worlds, perhaps!

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
^indeed! ok, so i am dumb. how exactly are badges getting cleared from the NC? not having any luck..

the pull down NC that is. Lockscreen behavior(s) works great

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I guess technically they aren't badges in the NC, it's just the notification, right? Do you have "Dismiss also from NC" turned to ON in the the Ipsum settings? I have both toggles set to On, and here's my behavior:

-text comes in
-use the Ipsum slide to dismiss it
-popup disappears
When I then check ISX, I have nothing in there for a notification, either before or after unlocking. Also no badge on my Messages icon.

One thing that just occurred to me: this isn't a method for clearing badges from the NC, if that's what you're after. It's just that it clears both the badge and the NC entry when you do the lockscreen slide. For that, you might want to take a look at BadgeClear.

From the review:
The new feature comes in the new version that was released today, version 2.1 which I personally helped John Heaton test. The update allows you to clear badges simply by deleting a notification from iOS 5's Notification Center. If you haven't noticed, originally when you clear a notification from iOS 5's Notification Center, the badge will remain on the application until you actually open the application to see what the notification is for. With the update, if you clear the notification from Notification Center, then the badge will disappear too. I think this is a wonderful addition to BadgeClear.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: BLiNK

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
BadgeClear bug?

With the update, if you clear the notification from Notification Center, then the badge will disappear too

interesting.. i just did a respring and all the badges came back that were previously cleared. i guess it's not that big of a deal since you can just clear them again..

not sure if this can even be fixed but i will email the Dev about it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative