4s JB is out:)who done it successfully?

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Killed my friend on Verizon's iPhone. It won't kick it down to edge at all.
It just goes to "no service".
You have to turn 3G on sbsettings then turn cellular data off, wait for the bars to reappear and then turn it back on.

ATT is the only wireless network that has Edge.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

mrlang

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
Done. So happy! Thanks DEV TEAM! Super easy to do. I will say it too 2 attempts. The second time I turned on VPN right after the phone asked me to click on the Absinthe icon. That was the trick for me. Good luck to all.

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok, am I missing something? I?ve been trying to jailbreak since this was announced yeterday. I plug my phone in, launch Absinthe. It detects my iPhone running 5.0.1. I click the ?Jailbreak? button, and it says, ?Beginning jailbreak. This may take a while??

And that?s where it all stops. I?ll let it sit for thirty minutes, and then it typically force-quits with some kind of error page.

HELP!

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Ok, am I missing something? I?ve been trying to jailbreak since this was announced yeterday. I plug my phone in, launch Absinthe. It detects my iPhone running 5.0.1. I click the ?Jailbreak? button, and it says, ?Beginning jailbreak. This may take a while??

And that?s where it all stops. I?ll let it sit for thirty minutes, and then it typically force-quits with some kind of error page.

HELP!

I had to reboot my iPhone, restart Absinthe, recover the Absinthe process a few times and it finally worked. Make sure your backup file via iTunes is not password protected and make sure you do not have a password set on your iPhone lockscreen. When it worked it took about 15 minutes total.

Stephxieh

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Mine went pretty fast, i had to run the fix to get my camera roll back like many others but i'm happily jailbroken again!

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I had to reboot my iPhone, restart Absinthe, recover the Absinthe process a few times and it finally worked. Make sure your backup file via iTunes is not password protected and make sure you do not have a password set on your iPhone lockscreen. When it worked it took about 15 minutes total.

Ok. Thanks. Retrying now.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
i downloaded the absinthe ios 5.0/5.0.1 for windows and all the steps were completed, it restarted fine up until i click the absinthe icon on my phone and it just sits on that screen says "Absinthe is now setting things up, please stand by" do i leave it there? and just wait to see if it does anything? cuz its been like that for about 10 minutes, anyone know whats up?

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Haha. You got further than me. I'm still hung up on "Beginning jailbreak, this may take a while..."

Been here for like 20 minutes. My iPhone "sync arrow" thing is spinning at the top of the screen, like it's syncing. But it just sits like this. I tried rebooting (hard resetting) the phone, force quitting and restarting Absinthe, restarting the computer. Can't get it to budge past this part.... :(

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
bitesms 6.1 is still buggy. When I had a 5.0 tethered jailbreak on my old iPhone 4, I would get springboard crashes when I would get too many text messages at once. It just crashed on me!
I was hoping that would be fixed by now.

This has always been an issue every now and then when multiple text come in at once. Only thing I have noticed it I seem to be getting the double tri-tone alert issue. Doesn't happen everytime. But I'm guessing it's bite. Either way I don't care I have my jailbreak back!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
As I posted in another thread...

A few key things to do for a successful jailbreak on both iPad and iPhone 4s

1. Make sure you are on latest iTunes
2. Backup your device. Make sure your backup is not password protected
3. Settings / general / reset and erase all settings and content
4. Once device has rebooted, setup as new device then once on springboard turn off wifi
5. Run jailbreak tool. Should be very quick as the device is stock.
6. Once finished turn on wifi and click the greenpois0n app
7. If fails do the VPN trick, Device will reboot, then run cydia.
8. Restore from backup.

The reason people are experiencing long or failed jailbreaks is due to having content already on he device. For the first time this tool is using a multitude of new methods including using a backup during the JB. If you are having troubles just restore to new device and start again from fresh.

I've done two iPads today on 2 diff laptops and they were both very smooth. BTW I used windows absinthe tool. Also remember if you are on Windows 7 run as administrator and also try running in XP mode if the program is cashing.

Happy jail breaking
:)

Reactions: iKev

jryoung25

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I got mine done very easily; however, anytime I try to add a repo I get the following error. I've tried many different ones and wait 10-15 minutes and it comes back to the same thing also iRealSMS and a few other apps just crash when I try to open them? Does anyone know how to fix this? iPhone 4s. I downloaded some apps [SBsettings, biteSMS, Winterboard] and they all work perfectly just confused why the repos do not work..

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
As I posted in another thread...

A few key things to do for a successful jailbreak on both iPad and iPhone 4s

1. Make sure you are on latest iTunes
2. Backup your device. Make sure your backup is not password protected
3. Settings / general / reset and erase all settings and content
4. Once device has rebooted, setup as new device then once on springboard turn off wifi
5. Run jailbreak tool. Should be very quick as the device is stock.
6. Once finished turn on wifi and click the greenpois0n app
7. If fails do the VPN trick, Device will reboot, then run cydia.
8. Restore from backup.

The reason people are experiencing long or failed jailbreaks is due to having content already on he device. For the first time this tool is using a multitude of new methods including using a backup during the JB. If you are having troubles just restore to new device and start again from fresh.

I've done two iPads today on 2 diff laptops and they were both very smooth. BTW I used windows absinthe tool. Also remember if you are on Windows 7 run as administrator and also try running in XP mode if the program is cashing.

Happy jail breaking
:)

Sounds like a lot of work.

I did this:
backup to iTunes
launch GreenpoisOn (windows version)
click Jailbreak and then follow the instructions from there. So easy..

or just follow these instructions:

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreak-unlock-forum/228684-how-untethered-jailbreak-iphone-4s-ipad-2-ios-5-0-1-ios-5-0-a.html#post1837858

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR