I JB my wife's iPhone 4s and iPad 2 last night with no problems. The only real issue I am having is getting sources to load. They all are timing out or erroring out. Anyone else having issues with this?
    This is normal when a jb first comes out. Cydia server is getting hammered.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    01-22-2012 09:07 PM
    successful on windows!
    01-23-2012 07:14 PM
    Iphone4s jailbroken on windows and IntelliscreenX installed ....no issues!

JeffreyL
    01-23-2012 08:07 PM
    Mines is perfect. One thing I noticed yesterday while I was taking pictures was that while I was on the camera app an a bitesms notification pop up on the screen the phone crashes and goes into safe mode, and this happened every single time, has anyone had that issue ?
    Try uninstalling bitesms and then reinstalling it. It sounds like you have a corrupted file somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    01-23-2012 11:13 PM
    I have followed every single instruction and nothing is working to jail break my ipad 2 NOTHING
    01-24-2012 12:33 AM
    As I posted in another thread...

A few key things to do for a successful jailbreak on both iPad and iPhone 4s

1. Make sure you are on latest iTunes
    2. Backup your device. Make sure your backup is not password protected
    3. Settings / general / reset and erase all settings and content
    4. Once device has rebooted, setup as new device then once on springboard turn off wifi
    5. Run jailbreak tool. Should be very quick as the device is stock.
    6. Once finished turn on wifi and click the greenpois0n app
    7. If fails do the VPN trick, Device will reboot, then run cydia.
    8. Restore from backup.

The reason people are experiencing long or failed jailbreaks is due to having content already on he device. For the first time this tool is using a multitude of new methods including using a backup during the JB. If you are having troubles just restore to new device and start again from fresh.

I've done two iPads today on 2 diff laptops and they were both very smooth. BTW I used windows absinthe tool. Also remember if you are on Windows 7 run as administrator and also try running in XP mode if the program is cashing.

Happy jail breaking
    Ok, a few really dumb questions from a jailbreaking noob

1. So basically I am backing up the iPhone in iTunes and then WIPING IT COMPLETELY before starting jailbreak, correct?
    1A. Is anyone NOT doing this step?
    1B. I'm not worried about the music but my camera roll - does backup handle my camera roll?

2. What is the "VPN trick"?

3. I've never restored from backup. Am I doing this in iTunes also right AFTER the jailbreak process?
    3A. And this doesn't affect the jailbreak?

THANKS!!
    01-24-2012 12:10 PM
    Ok, a few really dumb questions from a jailbreaking noob

1. So basically I am backing up the iPhone in iTunes and then WIPING IT COMPLETELY before starting jailbreak, correct?
    1A. Is anyone NOT doing this step?
    1B. I'm not worried about the music but my camera roll - does backup handle my camera roll?

2. What is the "VPN trick"?

3. I've never restored from backup. Am I doing this in iTunes also right AFTER the jailbreak process?
    3A. And this doesn't affect the jailbreak?

THANKS!!
    You're backing up in case there is a problem with the jailbreak.
    Yes backup does backup your camera roll
    No you do not restore before you jailbreak.
    You will only restore if you have a problem with the jailbreak.
    If you restore after your jailbreak, you'll lose your jailbreak.
    Not sure about the VPN trick. Didn't have to use it.

01-24-2012 12:33 PM
    You're backing up in case there is a problem with the jailbreak.
    Yes backup does backup your camera roll
    No you do not restore before you jailbreak.
    You will only restore if you have a problem with the jailbreak.
    If you restore after your jailbreak, you'll lose your jailbreak.
    Not sure about the VPN trick. Didn't have to use it.

Thanks for the quick response!

So I'm still confused about Step 8 above. In other forums, it's telling me to essentially wipe the device before doing the jailbreak and then Restore after the jailbreak is successful (to get my files back), because people were having issues with the jailbreak "because there is data on it."

But not having to actually Restore from backup would be ideal.
    01-24-2012 12:37 PM
    Thanks for the quick response!

So I'm still confused about Step 8 above. In other forums, it's telling me to essentially wipe the device before doing the jailbreak and then Restore after the jailbreak is successful (to get my files back), because people were having issues with the jailbreak "because there is data on it."

But not having to actually Restore from backup would be ideal.
    Dont restore. Backup, run absinthe and your good to go. Only restore if there is a problem with the jailbreak, like you lose your camera roll or something. Then you'd restore from backup, then rejailbrake again.

01-24-2012 12:49 PM
    First time jailbreaker, and only problem I've come across is some themes not working also
    01-24-2012 12:49 PM
    First time jailbreaker, and only problem I've come across is some themes not working also
    Themes are tricky. I tried to mess with them once, but wasn't really a fan. I found the same thing as you. Some work, and some don't. I haven't used winter board in almost a year. I use my perpagehtml or the htc flip clock and am happy with that.

01-24-2012 12:52 PM
    Dont restore. Backup, run absinthe and your good to go. Only restore if there is a problem with the jailbreak, like you lose your camera roll or something. Then you'd restore from backup, then rejailbrake again.

Thanks again! I'll give it a try tonight.
    01-24-2012 04:18 PM
    Thanks again! I'll give it a try tonight.
    Jailbreak ran smooth! But more noob questions...

When I launch Cyda, anything I try to go into says "Note: Cannot Locate Package"

I signed in with my gmail account - was this right?
    Is there another place I should go to "setup" an account?
    Where does it ask for payment information?

How do I add more respositories?
    How do I change from User to Developer (just curious as I cannot seem to find how)?

THANKS!
    01-24-2012 06:48 PM

When I launch Cyda, anything I try to go into says "Note: Cannot Locate Package"

How do I change from User to Developer (just curious as I cannot seem to find how)?

THANKS!
    the answers is on the same forum just dig it.
    01-25-2012 01:04 AM
    I used the Windows Jailbreak. After the JB, my phone kept constantly getting stuck in safe mode. I restored and reloaded the JB twice. This happening with anyone else???

As of right now, im back to factory
    01-25-2012 11:13 AM

THANKS!
    Open Cydia then at the bottom click on the "Changes" tab.. then in the upper left hit "Refresh"

that should do the trick.
    01-25-2012 11:27 AM
    I used the Windows Jailbreak. After the JB, my phone kept constantly getting stuck in safe mode. I restored and reloaded the JB twice. This happening with anyone else???

As of right now, im back to factory
    You probably had conflicts with Cydia tweaks/apps running. Did it crash right after Cydia was installed and updated?

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    01-27-2012 04:07 PM
    I JB my 4S last Saturday using the Windows version. It was one of the easiest Jailbreaks that I have used. I did have to reboot in order to get my photos back, no big deal,though.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    01-27-2012 04:24 PM
    Done. No issues.
    01-27-2012 09:13 PM
    It's great no problems check out my keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-27-2012 10:06 PM
    I just did it. Took about 5 minutes total including doing a backup. Was easy and fast and my first time.
    02-04-2012 03:15 PM
    I did it on my sons MacBook the day it became available. Start to finish less than ten minutes. Easiest jailbreak I've ever done.
    02-05-2012 01:09 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD