Ok, am I missing something? Ive been trying to jailbreak since this was announced yeterday. I plug my phone in, launch Absinthe. It detects my iPhone running 5.0.1. I click the Jailbreak button, and it says, Beginning jailbreak. This may take a while

And thats where it all stops. Ill let it sit for thirty minutes, and then it typically force-quits with some kind of error page.

HELP!
    01-21-2012 10:32 AM
    Ok, am I missing something? Ive been trying to jailbreak since this was announced yeterday. I plug my phone in, launch Absinthe. It detects my iPhone running 5.0.1. I click the Jailbreak button, and it says, Beginning jailbreak. This may take a while

And thats where it all stops. Ill let it sit for thirty minutes, and then it typically force-quits with some kind of error page.

HELP!
    I had to reboot my iPhone, restart Absinthe, recover the Absinthe process a few times and it finally worked. Make sure your backup file via iTunes is not password protected and make sure you do not have a password set on your iPhone lockscreen. When it worked it took about 15 minutes total.
    01-21-2012 02:09 PM
    Mine went pretty fast, i had to run the fix to get my camera roll back like many others but i'm happily jailbroken again!
    01-21-2012 03:16 PM
    Easy peasy. No issues.
    01-21-2012 03:21 PM
    All done on my 4S, working flawlessly. Now I just need to find some cool stuff to put on it!
    01-21-2012 04:00 PM
    I had to reboot my iPhone, restart Absinthe, recover the Absinthe process a few times and it finally worked. Make sure your backup file via iTunes is not password protected and make sure you do not have a password set on your iPhone lockscreen. When it worked it took about 15 minutes total.
    Ok. Thanks. Retrying now.
    01-21-2012 11:00 PM
    i downloaded the absinthe ios 5.0/5.0.1 for windows and all the steps were completed, it restarted fine up until i click the absinthe icon on my phone and it just sits on that screen says "Absinthe is now setting things up, please stand by" do i leave it there? and just wait to see if it does anything? cuz its been like that for about 10 minutes, anyone know whats up?
    01-21-2012 11:15 PM
    Haha. You got further than me. I'm still hung up on "Beginning jailbreak, this may take a while..."

Been here for like 20 minutes. My iPhone "sync arrow" thing is spinning at the top of the screen, like it's syncing. But it just sits like this. I tried rebooting (hard resetting) the phone, force quitting and restarting Absinthe, restarting the computer. Can't get it to budge past this part....
    01-21-2012 11:31 PM
    bitesms 6.1 is still buggy. When I had a 5.0 tethered jailbreak on my old iPhone 4, I would get springboard crashes when I would get too many text messages at once. It just crashed on me!
    I was hoping that would be fixed by now.
    This has always been an issue every now and then when multiple text come in at once. Only thing I have noticed it I seem to be getting the double tri-tone alert issue. Doesn't happen everytime. But I'm guessing it's bite. Either way I don't care I have my jailbreak back!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    01-21-2012 11:51 PM
    Just finished mine. Took less than 5 minutes.

With Cydia packed, not much to do as of right now.
    01-22-2012 12:38 AM
    As I posted in another thread...

A few key things to do for a successful jailbreak on both iPad and iPhone 4s

1. Make sure you are on latest iTunes
    2. Backup your device. Make sure your backup is not password protected
    3. Settings / general / reset and erase all settings and content
    4. Once device has rebooted, setup as new device then once on springboard turn off wifi
    5. Run jailbreak tool. Should be very quick as the device is stock.
    6. Once finished turn on wifi and click the greenpois0n app
    7. If fails do the VPN trick, Device will reboot, then run cydia.
    8. Restore from backup.

The reason people are experiencing long or failed jailbreaks is due to having content already on he device. For the first time this tool is using a multitude of new methods including using a backup during the JB. If you are having troubles just restore to new device and start again from fresh.

I've done two iPads today on 2 diff laptops and they were both very smooth. BTW I used windows absinthe tool. Also remember if you are on Windows 7 run as administrator and also try running in XP mode if the program is cashing.

Happy jail breaking
    iKev likes this.
    01-22-2012 01:31 AM
    Did mine in a matter of minutes without any hitches. Love it.
    01-22-2012 04:16 AM
    I got mine done very easily; however, anytime I try to add a repo I get the following error. I've tried many different ones and wait 10-15 minutes and it comes back to the same thing also iRealSMS and a few other apps just crash when I try to open them? Does anyone know how to fix this? iPhone 4s. I downloaded some apps [SBsettings, biteSMS, Winterboard] and they all work perfectly just confused why the repos do not work..
    01-22-2012 05:09 AM

4. Once device has rebooted, setup as new device then once on springboard turn off wifi
    8. Restore from backup.

The reason people are experiencing long or failed jailbreaks is due to having content already on he device. For the first time this tool is using a multitude of new methods including using a backup during the JB. If you are having troubles just restore to new device and start again from fresh.

I've done two iPads today on 2 diff laptops and they were both very smooth. BTW I used windows absinthe tool. Also remember if you are on Windows 7 run as administrator and also try running in XP mode if the program is cashing.

Happy jail breaking
    Sounds like a lot of work.

I did this:
    backup to iTunes
    launch GreenpoisOn (windows version)
    click Jailbreak and then follow the instructions from there. So easy..

or just follow these instructions:

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreak-un...ml#post1837858
    01-22-2012 10:46 AM
    I did it in less than 10 mintes. I'm so glad to have my HTC weather widget and SBSettings back!
    01-22-2012 10:46 AM
    i downloaded the absinthe ios 5.0/5.0.1 for windows and all the steps were completed, it restarted fine up until i click the absinthe icon on my phone and it just sits on that screen says "Absinthe is now setting things up, please stand by" do i leave it there? and just wait to see if it does anything? cuz its been like that for about 10 minutes, anyone know whats up?
    Did you get it to work?
    01-22-2012 10:47 AM
    Worked fine for me, easiest jailbreak since jailbreakme.com! Performance on my 4S is outstanding! No lag at all with Vwallpaper and IntelliscreenX and other Mobile Substrate mods running. Hats off to the "dream team"!
    01-22-2012 01:53 PM
    Tried it last night on my PC and it didn't work, tried it on my Mac this morning and all was successful. Took about 10 minutes at most.
    01-22-2012 02:01 PM
    Mines is perfect. One thing I noticed yesterday while I was taking pictures was that while I was on the camera app an a bitesms notification pop up on the screen the phone crashes and goes into safe mode, and this happened every single time, has anyone had that issue ?
    01-22-2012 02:19 PM
    Mine did successfully without any issues whatsoever.
    01-22-2012 03:07 PM

8. Restore from backup.

Happy jail breaking
    THANK YOU! That was what I needed to get jailbroken. You rock!
    mrbrianwc likes this.
    01-22-2012 03:17 PM
    After jb twice on ipad, second time was after restore as new, i said screw it. Too unstable for me. And basically not worthwhile to me anyway.

For the iphone 4S, it's going better than ipad but that's not saying much. Though i just jb a second time after restoring. Was staying hot, not charging full, and going through the battery. I'd like to keep this jailbroken, but if it gives me same problems or empties out my folders again spreading icons everywhere, i'll just have to forget jailbreaking. This is with bitesms, sbsettings, mywi, my3g. Five icon dock screwed the folders up.
    01-22-2012 03:19 PM
    Mine went smooth. Great to have my tweaks back.
    01-22-2012 03:38 PM
    I JB my wife's iPhone 4s and iPad 2 last night with no problems. The only real issue I am having is getting sources to load. They all are timing out or erroring out. Anyone else having issues with this?
    01-22-2012 04:48 PM
    Did mine Saturday. Mine took between 5 and 10 minutes. Everything is working good so far.
    01-22-2012 07:37 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD