How to untethered jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 on iOS 5.0.1 & iOS 5.0

mtv757#AC

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I am still not able to get this to work. I get it all the way to the "launch the greenpoison icon" on my ipad and it just sits there. 4-5 times now :( Not sure what to do. Tried the vpn thing but it doesnt reboot my ipad

UPDATE: I tried the turn off wifi thing but I am on an wifi only ipad 2. I turned off wifi, clicked the green poison icon and it says it cant work because its not connected to the internet. Does Itunes need to be open while jailbreaking?

you need to make sure that all if your firewalls are turned off. Including windows firewalls. I was having the same issues and one I turned off all of my firewalls it worked fine. So restart hour device and absinte and do it again

keja1914

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I followed the same instructions I used to Jailbreak my 4s. I received a successfull message via the Absinthe tool. But when I tried to open cydia it would flash and then close. I tried to do a restore and try again but Cydia keeps showing up even after the restore? I went back almost a week and it still shows up and then I can't try the process again because it says device is already Jalibroken. Can someone help?

nicpap

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
help

this might be a simple issue but i'm quite new to this, i have a 3gs that is running 5.0.1 (9A405) and as soon as i launch absinthe it tells me "sorry, the attached device is not supported"

schnebs1

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here

I followed the same instructions I used to Jailbreak my 4s. I received a successfull message via the Absinthe tool. But when I tried to open cydia it would flash and then close. I tried to do a restore and try again but Cydia keeps showing up even after the restore? I went back almost a week and it still shows up and then I can't try the process again because it says device is already Jalibroken. Can someone help?

I'm seeing the same issue. Here are the steps I took:

From a windows 7 home premium laptop:

1. Backup to iCloud and iTunes
2. Reset > Erase all Content and Settings
3. Setup iPhone as new device
4. Run greenpoison 0.2
5. Click greenpoison on iPhone (rebooted and Cydia appeared)
6. Restore from iCloud

I did not launch Cydia before restoring, was that the issue? and what is the process to get back to stock so I can try this again, or just fix the Cydia store? Thanks in advance!

nolhayes

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
you need to make sure that all if your firewalls are turned off. Including windows firewalls. I was having the same issues and one I turned off all of my firewalls it worked fine. So restart hour device and absinte and do it again
You have to turn the wifi on before you click that link.
the only time wifi is turned off is when your in the jailbreak process. After you restore and have a stock iPad and make it to the springboard homescreen, turn wifi off and hit jailbreak on absinthe. Then after the process is complete and it says unlock iPad and hit icon, before you hit the icon turn on wifi.
Hope this helps.

nolhayes

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing the same issue. Here are the steps I took:

From a windows 7 home premium laptop:

1. Backup to iCloud and iTunes
2. Reset > Erase all Content and Settings
3. Setup iPhone as new device
4. Run greenpoison 0.2
5. Click greenpoison on iPhone (rebooted and Cydia appeared)
6. Restore from iCloud

I did not launch Cydia before restoring, was that the issue? and what is the process to get back to stock so I can try this again, or just fix the Cydia store? Thanks in advance!
use back-ups and restores via iTunes, it makes the process a little easier.
I JB a sprint iphone this week and Verizon and both worked off iTunes.
I did one off iCloud and the Cydia did not load after it was installed. Flash white then closed.

To get back to stock, attach to iTunes, right click on where is says "john iPhone" and press back-up then press restore. Then afterwards run absinthe.

Also make sure there's no password lock on your backup. And make sure you turn off wifi before running absinthe and turn it back on before pressing greenpoison icon.

Reactions: schnebs1