How to untethered jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 on iOS 5.0.1 & iOS 5.0

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have the problem of not being able to open absinthe after it downloads? My mac is teling me it can't open bc no available application is able to open it. My phone is connected to the computer.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Ive tried twice so far at two different times to jailbreak. After 15 minutes, its still hung up at the beginning of the jailbreak prompt. The directions indicate that Absinthe should be ticking along, but mine literally travels to maybe 9% and just parks there.

AT&T iPhone 4GS, 32 black (though not much concern for color when jailbreaking i imagine).

Anyone else having a similar problem? Is it because Greenpois0n is down?

A lot of people are having this issue. I had this issue with my Ipad 2. What I finally tried was, go to settings, general, and reset on my Ipad 2, and chose to "Erase ALL Content and Settings", then from my Ipad 2, I restored from my Ipad 2 Icloud backup. I then waiting for all apps to sync through Icloud, then I reconnected to my Mac, opened Absinthe, and it worked.

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
ok this tool for windows works perfectly just did it myself. cydiahelp.com/jailbreak-5.0.1-untethered-ipad-2-iphone-4s-on-windows-with-cli-absinthe-tool-guide
it does not add absynthe icon however . it adds cydia icon just follow the instructions to the latter the process takes a few more mins after step 7. enjoy guys!
P.S.
Lol apparently i cant insert links here as my score is less than ten so just copy it

Reactions: RawisTheGameHhH

beeray

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I am truly gutless when it comes to jail breaking. My question is, has this impacted the battery life? I do know that it depends on the apps installed, just a general conclusion.

Beeray

RawisTheGameHhH

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
ok this tool for windows works perfectly just did it myself. cydiahelp.com/jailbreak-5.0.1-untethered-ipad-2-iphone-4s-on-windows-with-cli-absinthe-tool-guide
it does not add absynthe icon however . it adds cydia icon just follow the instructions to the latter the process takes a few more mins after step 7. enjoy guys!
P.S.
Lol apparently i cant insert links here as my score is less than ten so just copy it

does it jailbreak it or just add cydia?

RawisTheGameHhH

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
when will the command lines finish? my iPad has already rebooted when i turned the vpn on but the command line is still up; in addition my calendar icon has no color like it normally does???

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
when will the command lines finish? my iPad has already rebooted when i turned the vpn on but the command line is still up; in addition my calendar icon has no color like it normally does???

The no icon thing has been an issue for a while. A simple respring should fix it.

It can take a while from what I understand. The more stuff you have on your device I guess the longer it can take. Just make sure you see a file mover message before you do anything further.

Reactions: RawisTheGameHhH

RawisTheGameHhH

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
The no icon thing has been an issue for a while. A simple respring should fix it.

It can take a while from what I understand. The more stuff you have on your device I guess the longer it can take. Just make sure you see a file mover message before you do anything further.

thanks; i am currently restoring my iPad back to the normal state; guess i will wait for the program to come out for Windows

CrucialTK

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people are having this issue. I had this issue with my Ipad 2. What I finally tried was, go to settings, general, and reset on my Ipad 2, and chose to "Erase ALL Content and Settings", then from my Ipad 2, I restored from my Ipad 2 Icloud backup. I then waiting for all apps to sync through Icloud, then I reconnected to my Mac, opened Absinthe, and it worked.

It's going now. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar and, if you so request, I will dance with you at your wedding.

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

when you have access to cydia and get into it and use it you can disconnect the ipad from pc. command line doesnt say that the process is done.

Ripjames

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
has anyone noticed that sound is only coming from one of the speakers from the bottom of their phone? not a major problem, i havn't tried earbuds yet so don't know if it affects them as well.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
has anyone noticed that sound is only coming from one of the speakers from the bottom of their phone? not a major problem, i havn't tried earbuds yet so don't know if it affects them as well.

That's the way it's always been. Jailbroken or not. One is your speaker one is the mic. This has been the case with every iPhone ever released.

RawisTheGameHhH

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I may try the command line jailbreak again; but the directions on cydiahelp are garbage; no clue when to turn the VPN on since the command line really never stops; very confusing; just hoping for a simple tool like mac to be released soon

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I may try the command line jailbreak again; but the directions on cydiahelp are garbage; no clue when to turn the VPN on since the command line really never stops; very confusing; just hoping for a simple tool like mac to be released soon

it is really very simple. just turn on vpn at step 7 read the comments ppl leave below you dont even have to type those commands just copy and paste to cmd. you'll be done in 12 minutes... once you have the cydia icon and you tap on it and it asks you to choose your profile, this is the moment you can close the command line even if its not finished and disconnect your ipad/iphone... i used to reload OSs on my blackberries and android phones and root them, this is nothing compared to that it really is that simple...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW